We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bit of a long shot...

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Bit of a long shot...

I holidayed in Alcudia in 2008 and my husband and I got a bus to a small resort along the coast, it was a lovely little place, very picturesque and like stepping back in time as it was so old fashioned and had some lovely old buildings/hotels along the seafront, but I can't for the life of me remember its name. Any ideas anyone please?

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bit of a long shot...

Have a look on Google Earth and you might be able to identify it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bit of a long shot...

Are you perhaps thinking of Puerto Pollensa, about 6 miles along the coast from Alcudia, just a shortish bus ride from where you were staying.

In PP, Pine Walk footpath right by the seashore has some old, characterful buildings behind. Click on link below for just one example on streetview. Streetview isn't able to go along the front at Pine Walk and that link is the best I can find

http://goo.gl/lDtgyQ

Or maybe you saw something like these below in other parts of the resort

www.hotel-miramar.net/pagina.php?Cod_fam=5

hoposa.es/English/…Hotel-Uyal-Puerto-Pollensa

Edited: 12:32 pm, January 08, 2015
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bit of a long shot...

I intended to add this link in case you walked past this old hotel by the seashore

hoposa.es/English/Hotels/Hotel-Bahia-Puerto-…

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bit of a long shot...

Thank you that is definitely it!

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bit of a long shot...

Deedee so glad to see (thanks to KWUK - how impressive was that?!) you solved that puzzle. There are some very pretty villas (now mostly split up into apartments) all along the Pinewalk; some have been in the same (wealthy) families for several generations. Are you planning another trip there?

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bit of a long shot...

Hi littlelamb yes KWUK impressed me hugely! :)

I may be booking a holiday back in Alcudia in May but when I checked out the prices for Puerta Pollensa they were coming out a lot more expensive. I can believe that about ownership for generations I felt like I was on an old film set when walking there, such a lovely place. My sister is also trying to remember the place she stayed in the area she said it had a gorgeous beach where only drinks of water were allowed and they were strict about what was allowed on the beach. She loved it there very quiet she said and there were more Germans than Brits there who were all lovely and welcoming. I've found mine out now she's still working on hers ha ha!

7. Re: Bit of a long shot...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 10, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia