We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips in port d'Alcudia

Auchtermuchty...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trips in port d'Alcudia

Wondered if anyone knew of any good trips, staying in port d'alcudia in the summer

Ballygowan...
Level Contributor
302 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

Have a look at the No Frills website. Their excursions always seem to get very good reviews.

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

Hi have a look online at no frills excursion website lots of trips there. Also if you wanted to jump on the local bus you could visit old town alcudia, puerto pollenca, old town pollenca (all short journeys) I'm sure you can bus it yourself to palma and other places as well.

Edited: 2:31 pm, January 29, 2013
Auchtermuchty...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

Thanks for that will have a look on website. Thinking of booking to go in August, and hotel recommendations?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

We use the Condes de Alcudia Hotel when we're there but there's plenty around, depends what you're looking for, All-Inclusive, Half-board, Self-Catering etc etc. People with young families often go to the Jupiter/Saturno Hotel chain, there's the Delfin Azul Hotel, Club Mac popular with families, Bellevue Hotel but others will likely recommend which is their favourites. The Condes de Alcudia is not large but quite a popular choice and has the benefit of the beach over the road, 5 minutes away. The "No Frills Excursions" agency is just up the road from the Condes across from the Bahia de Alcudia Hotel next door and on the same side as Sgt Peppers and the Brunel Inn bars. Their trips are cheaper than you would pay at your hotel reception or through your travel rep. There's boat trips, Cuevas de Drach, market days at Sineu and elsewhere, you can get the public bus down to Palma, Puerto Pollensa is along the road, Porto Cristo is nice, Formentor and there's lots of lesser known bits off the touristy track. No frills take excursions all over the island including the Pirate Show in Magalluf so plenty options. Alcudia itself is a relaxing resort with mostly families and couples, no really noisy bars or clubs (although along in the Bellevue area there are some bars and nightlife open later than the rest) most around the marina and beach areas close at midnight although the Drunken Duck stays open til 3am behind the Condes De Alcudia hotel, it can be accessed round the back of the swimming pool area of the hotel which was handy for us! Enjoy wherever you choose!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

If you want to see what Mallorca is actually about take the day trip to Soller/Pto Soller.

You won`t regret it.

If you want to experience Blackpool abroad go to the Drunken Duck.

Or Magalluf.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

As above says Soller is nice as well and he's right, you wont regret it. You can get the old wooden train from there and it takes you down to Soller port area.

The owner of the Drunken Duck is from Newcastle, he and his family are very welcoming, his bar is never overly crowded and is a good meeting place with other visitors and a late night drink or two where you can have a laugh, do quizzes/games etc or just chat to new chums, don't be put off by what the above poster said about it. There's also the Brunel Inn just along the road, the owners are from Bristol and its a nice welcoming family bar with good food at decent prices, drinks reasonably priced also and there's Sgt Peppers close by too.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

I was assuming the person asking the question might be interested in seeing Mallorca,given they`re making the effort to travel 1200 miles.

I`m sure the current owner of the Duck is nice. I know the owners of the Brunel.

Been for sale for years.

Sgt Peppers has nice owners as well.

Seems to me that travelling over 1000 miles and not venturing more than 200 yards from your hotel is a bit pointless.

Just like staying at the Pisces and wandering no further than the Smugglers or Comics.

I`d recommend visiting Alcudia town,a beautiful walled town a short walk (or bus ride) away. The market,held twice weekly is exellant.

Also,both Pto Pollensa and Pollensa town,just along the coast are well worth a visit.

I`d hire a car for a few days and explore what is a stunningly beautiful island.

Vanrells on the marina front are a decent hire car company.

Other places worth seeing are Pto Andratx, Valldemosa,Fornalutx,Deia,Banylbufar.

Nowhere is that far to make exploring difficult.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

Bit risky chris to comment on how some visitors to Majorca choose to spend their holiday time but I wholeheartedly agree with your recommendations.And no reason why not to get out and about the island during the day then finish in the evening/night handy to the hotel for a few drinks. Thinking about it it's what I do!

Indisputably a hire car can add so much pleasure to seeing the variations of Majorca.As you say.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

Totally agree WS.

Just that I remember being asked by a holidaymaker when I owned the Bar Bamboo if the beach was far away.

I, understandably assumed he and his family had just arrived so explained he was mere yards away.

Turned out they`d never left the confines of the Condes for 2 weeks and just wanted to see the sea before returning home.

I said nothing but thought why not book some sessions on a sunbed and save the time travelling to see absolutely nothing.

Don`t see the point in going to a foreign country and remaining within a British culture of bars.

Sad.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trips in port d'Alcudia

That's a wonderful anecdote chris.

But many visitors to Spain (not just Majorca) only want bars and sunshine.So they aren't disappointed.But I don't criticise for that.Their euros buy just the same as anybody's and if that's their treat good luck to them.

There are some prominent members of this forum who know Magalluf like their own back yard but have never been to parts of Majorca outside of the contour between PMI and Magalluf. That is their loss. But they don't know about it ergo they don't miss it.

I often think that so many visitors to SW Majorca should take the long drive north up MA-10 from Andraitx to Pollensa via Soller.Virtually the full length of the island.Matchless scenery especially through the high mountain area near the reservoirs Cuber and Gorg Blau.That is Majorca they don't know.

There is a new movie coming out (I have seen the trailer) with some scenes filmed on Puig Major and Torrent de Pareis.Film looked hokum to me but I might be tempted to see it for the locations I recognise.

Get answers to your questions about Port d'Alcudia
Recent Conversations