We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

Can anyone give me some advice?

Me and my husband are coming to Majorca for a long weekend over Easter this year (6th-10th April) and not sure which resort to book. I quite fancy Santa Ponsa but I'm a bit worried it will be too quiet. We're in our late 40's and not into clubbing but do like a good choice of reasonably lively bars.

We've been to Palma Nova before but not as early as April. Will everything be open?

My husband thinks Magaluf would be better for us but won't it be full of stag/hen parties? (not that I've got anything against them but I do like to get some sleep!!!).

And what will the weather be like at that time of the year?

Hope someone can help.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

magaluff in early aprill will be quiet maybe a little busier at weekends but not really rocking like in summer and palma nova is only a 10 min walk away so either could be a good choice

Coventry, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

Thanks Moocher.

Do you know what Santa Ponsa is like at Easter? Will all the bars be open do you think?

Cheers, Carole

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

sorry i can not answer that 1 i am not a lover of santa ponsa so never visit some bars should be open

Coventry, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

Thanks again Moocher, will probably stick to Magaluf anyway.

Cheers, Carole

england
Level Contributor
324 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

Santa Ponsa is pretty much closed up for the winter months and has a depressing feel to it, but actually so does Magalluf! this year ! I was very suprised when I visited in Januaruy to find almost everything closed up for the winter in Mag,. it all loooked pretty depressing with a lot of access points to the beach closed and refurbishment going on all along the promenade. I did read in a local paper that hotels and bars that are usually open in Winter have closed this year, it was like a ghost town.

Palma Nova was much more alive and more pleasant to walk along beach etc. a few more cafes open and everything looked more attractive than in the 2 other resorts mentioned.

6. Re: Palma Nova, Magaluf or Santa Ponsa at Easter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova