We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hawai torrenova

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Topic
hawai torrenova

Hi we go there 28th june for 11 nights allinclusive can anyone tell us what the allinclusive is like only 2nd time allinclusive last time 2 years bk we went to bulgaria an was average standard an drinks chioce poor we had 2 teenagers with us an they struggled to find something to eat . This time just taking we lad we dont mind eating out few nights but after paying2.300 for our holiday would hope the stsndard would be at least good .also its bin 14 years since bin in majorca always went september weather was warm to very warm but whats it like early july .an was pesatas then so havnt a clue on what sorta budget to work with will be doin a few trips marineland pirates waterpark go-KARTS ect sorry for asking so much but as I say bin along time since we were there any ifo would be glady appreciated pls thanks dom from n.ireland ohh its just me wife an 14 old lad

edinburgh
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hawai torrenova

Is it the hotel or the aparthotel Hawaii you are going to ?

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hawai torrenova

Its the aparthotel thanks

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hawai torrenova

It's the same food and drink in the apartments as the meals are taken in the hotel? So not sure of the relevance of that. Hawaii has been upgraded to a 4 star for a couple of years now, I haven't eaten in there for a few years, but my previous impressions was that it was good. Lamb chops stick out in the memory.

But I fear that two teenagers that struggled to eat at your previous holiday hotel might well also struggle again, if what they seek is burgers hot dogs and chips. Cos, aside from pasta, there isn't much else on the 'plain food' menu. Everything else is Spanish style food, served buffet fashion obviously.

Drinks were acceptable.

July will be very hot.

Budget, well, I think you'll need €100 a day minimum based on what you say about trips & shows. €50 pp entrance to Pirates. €26 pp gate price for Western Waterpark (which also includes shows as well as slides etc).

http://www.westernpark.com/en/

Fife
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hawai torrenova

We have going to Hotel and Appts for many years, and will be staying at the appts at same time as you Dom. The Hotel is now a 4 star, customers of appts can't use wristbands at hotel and visa versa, guests from Waikiki appts take their meals at hawaii appts as there are no kitchens there. Hawaii appts have had their own kitchens for around five years now, for a 3 star meals are of a good standard. Breakfast is the usual full english and continental, our teenagers like the pancakes cooked to order. For lunch and dinner the hotel does well to cater for all the different nationalities that stay there. Choice of two soups, salad bar is excellent and differs daily, fish, veggie and pasta options, steaks, chicken fillets, pork and lamb chops all cooked to order on hotplate, as well as chicken nuggets hot dogs pizza and burgers. Themed nights are chinese, mexican, italian and paella. I'm sure your laddie will find something he likes. As for AI drinks, local vodka, white rum, malibu ,schanpps etc, and a brown spirit that they call whisky, which as a scot I can tell you its not lol ( real whisky available at a sup) draught beer is cruzcampo, no cider on draft ( my OHs tipple however you can buy Magners and alcopops like bacardi breezers for a 2 euro sup) , slush is on AI too, malibu slush is lovely! The location of appts is second to none with the best views over the bay and all the yachts. If you fancy a drink or meal out of the appts, we do a lot even though we go AI too, there are a numbers of good bars below the hawaii hotel, The Blue Bar is a good spot for a cocktail and /or meal, Ruby Tuesdays does tex mex bar food, great views and tribute acts at night, The Scotsman and JB sports lounge on board walk are both very good, and do standard bar meals and snacks, for UK and Irish tastes, Chi lounge is asian fusion and attracts the yachting crowd. The pier that all the watersports leaves from is here so there is always loads to see, and do. If you fish, pack a rod, best catches to be had off a pedalo. As a family we really enjoy 2 mini Golfs, Fanatsia in Palma Nova and Katmandu in Magaluf. I'm sure you will have a ball. Hope this helps any thing else you need to know about appts just ask :)

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hawai torrenova

Good info above . Don't want to be picky but it's JJ's sports lounge . Also welsh mosquito is on the boardwalk and is very good . One thing I don't understand is why people opt for apartments and then go AI . Is it because they want more space or am I missing something . We stayed in the hotel and found it great , even before the re furb and extra star . It's certainly a lot more impressive now .

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hawai torrenova

Mark thanks for info am a butcher so lambs chops a must lol an for wee lad he thinks spanish food looks much better than bulgarian Tbh we all struggled with food there an outside hotel the food was just ok an am far from fussy lol so think we will be ok in pakmanova as for budget we were planning about 1700 euros an take card with us so again should be ok as said its 14 or 15 years since we last in majorca

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hawai torrenova

Langtounlass thanks for all the info very helpfull mrs eyes lit up when u mention malibu slush lol sounds like a fair bit on offer should have no probs finding something to eat .an wee lad will injoy the yaughts an some watersports thats close by sounds like a nice fun place hope wee lad meets a few friends in hotel make for better holiday for all .may I ask what age yours are .

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hawai torrenova

Kevin we didnt no it was seperate appartments an hotel when we booked .only until we checked out on youtube we found out they were seperate not fussy about rooms really aslong clean tidy an fit tto wash .shower .an sleep in will be ok main thing is really the food an nice view an area to chill round pool with a cool drink .an from reviews on here an the helpful ppl that replied to my forum it would seem we will have great holiday thanks

manchester
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hawai torrenova

Hi i m looking at booking wakiki apts palm nova

manchester
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hawai torrenova

Hi i have stayed in hotel hawai a few years ago love it but now its 4 star its too dear just wondered if we stayed in waikiki apts can we go in the day to hotel hawai and use allinclusive wrist bands for drinks as we want to stay round hotel hawai i know can you go at night there thanks

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova