We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As excited as a little kid!

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
As excited as a little kid!

We had a place on Majorca for 12 years in the 80s and 90s and still return regularly - last visit was our first, and surprisingly, good trip to Calas de Mallorca in May.

Next week we have a cruise from Palma preceded by a night in Palma then followed by 6 nights in Palma Nova.

Can' t express how excited I am to be ' coming home' to the Island.

Now for my - oh so predictable - question. Here in Andalucía we are having a fabulous October with temperatures well into the 80s. Can anyone tell me what temperatures are like in Majorca at present? I know that it is sunny as I get my daily fix from the Hotel Horizonte webcam but their thermometer isn' t always accurate.

Also, we hear that Winter flights to Majorca have been cut considerably this year - how many hotels are staying open out of season this Winter (it will be into November when we are in Palma Nova)?

Yet another question - what is the going rate for a taxi from Palma to Palma Nova then another back from Palma Nova to the Airport?

Thanks for any replies - can' t wait to be back.

Edited: 8:18 am, October 14, 2013
1. Re: As excited as a little kid!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:36 am, October 16, 2013
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Thanks Mark.

Sorry my post sounded rather OTT but we have had an awful year - or rather my Husband has - and the thought this holiday is all that has kept me going!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Hope you have a lovely time, am sure you will, and hope it's the tonic you sound like you both need!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Ow - thanks Annabelle. I am sure the trip will do us both a world of good.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Campolady.....

Have a wonderful. ...relaxing time..

I hope that the sun shines for you and your husband during your break......but more importantly that the future is s healthy one for you both...

All the very best to you both......

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: As excited as a little kid!

That sounds like an ideal holiday Campolady.A week's Med cruise followed by a week in Majorca.I wish.

You and I and our spouses know each other F2F from a few years ago and I know your husband has not been a well man for a while now.We very much enjoyed our stay with you "in the Campo" and your hospitality and kindness are lasting memories. Just to say I understand your excitement and anticipation and I hope your holiday combo is just the tonic Ian needs. Mrs WS and I love cruises (just returned from one to Norwegian Fjords) and aren't they just remarkable value?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,042 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Hi again Campolady. I remember we've had contact some time ago on other TA forums (and also I seem to remember that coincidentally we discovered your wedding reception and our wedding reception were held at the same hotel in NW England.).

Hope you both have a great holiday.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: As excited as a little kid!

Thanks to you all - can´t tell you how much your posts have been appreciated.

Ian has had one heck of year health wise but, fingers crossed, he is stable again now. Unfortunately, mainly due to his illness, in April we decided to stop doing our small B+B business which has been a wrench for me but was absolutely the right decision to make.

Will write a trip report when we get back home on 8 November.

Thanks again.

Edited: 1:13 am, October 16, 2013
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: As excited as a little kid!

<<Mrs WS and I love cruises (just returned from one to Norwegian Fjords) and aren't they just remarkable value?>>

Wholeheartedly agree WS! Excellent value and the best holiday ever. When you think of the food quality and amount, plus quality of entertainment etc. cruises are absolutely the best value holidays going and we are well and truly hooked. To finish this one off with a week on the ' Magical Island' is a real bonus!!!

Your Fjord adventure sounds great - I am already looking at a 2 week Baltic Cruise for next September but will have to see how things go with Ian before we book.

north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: As excited as a little kid!

we paid 40 euros from airport to palma nova hotel hawaii and we paid 43 euro from hotel back to airport x

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations