We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I've done a bit of research already. I'm a solo traveller, late 40's who just wants a chilled holiday by the beach without too many kids or lager louts. So far I've shortlisted the Intertur Aparhotel Hawaii, Fergus Bahia and Sol Mirlos Tordos that are all within my budget. Looking to spend around £800 for 8 nights.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I went solo 2 years on the run to Sol Mirlos.Couldn't fault it.Lots of people of like mind to get in conversation with.Very good hotel with quality AI.Bedrooms are small-even for one in a twin.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

We are staying at the Cala Blanca for the first time this year, adults only, have a look, it may be a nice option for you.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

Thanks. Just had a quick look at Cala Blanca and although it does look a lovely hotel it will cost me more for half board than it would for All Inclusive elsewhere, so too expensive for me

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

Sol Mirlos is a well regarded hotel but may have more ankle snappers there than you would like . Hawaii is a good hotel with probably fewer children but is on the Torrenova headland , quite close to lager lout land . I didn't encounter any when I stayed there . Only stayed HB there and would not like to be a "prisoner "of AI there . So many othe places to drink .

Agree that Cala Blanca may have been a better choice .

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I haven't stayed at the Fergus but have stayed at the other two. Kids and stag parties can be at both. You don't say what time of year you're thinking of going.

Son Matias is probably a better bet for you, although not all inc.

Viva Palma nova will have the quality you're looking for, is all inc as an option, but it's not directly on the beach.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I'm going first week in September to avoid the school holidays and lager louts. I realize you can't avoid all of this, but just tried to reduce the chances a bit. Ilike the look of the Mirlos Tordos although I believe these are two hotels in one and the Mirlos is better, but can't be guaranteed. Also the Flintstones theme in some areas is putting me off a wee bit.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I'm going to the Mirlos/Tordos in 2 weeks time, that'll be over 10 times I've stayed there.

I think that says it all :-)

The flintstones bit isn't in your face.

Much is made of the Mirlos being a 'better' hotel. It can't be argued against that the reception area of the Mirlos is better looking, - they had a fire about 4 / 5 years ago and there's been a total refurb so that's why. But essentially the rooms in both hotels are identical otherwise. The in-between set meal time snacks are served in the Tordos. They are separate hotels only in the fact that they are two detached buildings. The recreation / pools areas in between is open plan with no boundaries. Pool bars by each pool. The kids splash zone is tucked around the far side of the Mirlos so doesn't impact on you. Two evening entertainment areas (one inside one outside).

The rear gate leads straight to the beach approx 120 yards away.

It's a good all rounder, and the first week of september is a brilliant time to go.

Edited: 6:31 am, June 23, 2013
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

Thanks very much Mark. that's very informative and has put the fears to rest. I think on the whole it ticks pretty much all my boxes, so I think I'll go for it

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

I put a short you tube vid up a while back on the pool area of the Mirlos if it helps mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6HozuH64uA

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a nice hotel. Solo Traveller on All Inclusive

Thanks Mark. Looks great and not a Flinstone in site Lol

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova