We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water hygiene?

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
water hygiene?

Is the water ok to drink in mallorca? and other water based items like salad washed in water and ice cubes? Thanks in advance x

London
Level Contributor
515 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water hygiene?

The water is fine to drink.

north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water hygiene?

Thankyou x

Portals Nous, Spain
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water hygiene?

I would not recommend drinking the water, as it could upset your stomuch if you are not used to it, however I use tap water in my kettle and for brushing my teeth. Almost all the bars/restaurants buy in there ice and it is made from filtered water so it is safe. Bottled water is cheap to buy from the supermarkets approx 20-50 cents per bottle but more expensive in places like Spars.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,941 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water hygiene?

I concur with Gael_M .......but I do use it to brush my teeth :0)

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water hygiene?

The water in theory, is to EU standards for cleanliness but it tends to be the very high mineral content which is what sets peoples stomachs off. As mentioned fine for teeth cleaning but bottled is so cheap in the big supermarkets its an easy choice.

north east
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water hygiene?

Thanks everyone, we re only going for 7 days so dont wanna spend the week on the loo haha will get bottled xx

Glasgow, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: water hygiene?

We r just back!

Drank all my drinks wiv ice in em and was absolutely fine !

8. Re: water hygiene?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations