We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro

Which Palmanova hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newton le willows
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
Euro

Hi where is the best place change your money to euros ? Thanks

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro

I use a pre loaded cash card that you can use at any cash machine, never take money to change to much hassle!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro

The Post Office usually have a good exchange rate and don't charge commission.

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro

I always find the best thing to do is search online for the highest/best rates and you will be surprised how rates vary.

M&S are usually quite good...but it is worth doing a search first....

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,457 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro

Do you mean in the UK, or in Palmanova?

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro

Sorry...in the UK before travelling...

We will be using the travel card as its alot safer then carrying money around.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro

If you do use the post office, always use their online service and pick it up the next day in your local post office. You get a slightly better rate that way than just popping down to get it over the counter.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euro

Its cheaper to buy euros in euro zone than in british pound zone. That is obvious. My sugestion is to use your card and take money from ATM. If you pay with your foreing card ALWAYS pay in your currency not euros. Because the conversion rate used by stores differs much from the regular rate.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euro

Hi, I buy mine from Thomas Cook but order on-line and pay in store. The rate is usually better that way and I pay by cash as my bank like to charge if I use my debit card. They also do a cash card which I have found to be quite good. They will give you 2 cards whereas the post office only give 1 so that if you do happen to lose 1 then you just phone up and let them know and you can carry on using the other or you can have 1 each on the same account if there are 2 of you. Saves them having to send out replacement card if you do lose it or have it stolen and saves the expense of them sending it to you. The rates do change a lot so check them first before ordering. As for changing money in resort it's not worth some of your holiday time for the little amount that you could get and that is could.

Spain
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Euro

For good rate and security I would always use an ATM - withdraw cash as and when you need it (better in larger amounts). if using a Credit Card always ask to pay in Sterling rather than Euros to get the best rate.

10. Re: Euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova
Recent Conversations