We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Nova

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Palma Nova

Hi

Me and my boyfriend both 23 are looking at holidays at the end of August. I have never been to Majorca and wanted to try Palma Nova as i have heard its not quiet but not too lively. My boyfriend has been to Magaluf before and doesnt want to be to close to there. Were looking for a mix of bars and restaurants. Is palma nova suitable for this?

Or would anyone recommend anywhere else in spain. I have only been to tenerife in Spain and must admit i do love it there but wanted to try somewhere different but dont want to be dissapointed.

Thanks Emma :)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Nova

Based on what you're looking for I would say Palma Nova is ideal.Only half the flying time to Tenerife and loads of bars and restaurants.You didn't mention beaches but there are 3 in Palma Nova,they are well-kept,clean and 2 of them are spacious. 40 years ago Palma Nova had a poor reputation but so many changes for the better since then.Gfi.

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Nova

Great thank you! Yes love the beach more than pool anyday! Can you recommend any hotels? Dont really want somewhere with loads of kids

:)

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Nova

Hi,

We where in Palma Nova in August stayed in Ola Hotel 10-15 min.drive by bus from city centre.Small village Port Naus ...Would recomend to anyone...

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma Nova

Hi

We have stayed in the Marina Torrenova 2 or 3 times and its a great hotel in a fantastic location. Its situated between Magaluf and Palma Nova on a headland so is a lot quieter but only 2 minutes away from either Magaluf or Palma Nova. Food was excellent but the entertainment wasn't up to much, but you'll probably be going out at night anyway. I think you can only book it through Thomas Cook now. There were a few kids there but you'll be lucky to get anywhere without kids without paying for it. Its pretty reasonable and without doubt the best all inclusive hotel we have stayed at yet on Mallorca

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma Nova

John G: "Its (Marina Torrenova) pretty reasonable and without doubt *the best all inclusive hotel we have stayed at yet on Mallorca*"

Wow. It's certainly ok, i'll go along with that bit. :D

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma Nova

mark2spark

Yeah, we have stayed in some awful hotels. The Honolulu in Magaluf being the worst. :-))

I would rate the Marina Torrenova the best 3* we have stayed at.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma Nova

Have a look at the Viva Palma Nova John ;-)

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma Nova

Ahhhh......... 3 star has now been added @ #6 ....... lolol

Yeah that's ok then :-)

blackburn lancs
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma Nova

Hi emma we are going back to palma nova in august, we went 3yrs ago and loved it, we stayed at the palma nova palace which is an adults only hotel and 5 mins from the beach, the hotel is lovely and all inclusive makes it a great holiday with the bonus of having no kids running aroud to annoy us lol

Sue

X

Manchester
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Palma Nova

Hi everyone thanks for your help. Am now slightly put off as my boyfriend has been to magaluf, he is thinking the bars and restaurants in palma nova are magaluf strip? Is this right? I was going to book Ponet mar apartments last night untill he said this. I want to go an see example when he is on at mallorca rocks but thats only 1 evening i would actually want to go into magaluf. can anyone recommend what santa ponsa or portals nous is like? Or do you think in the Ponet Mar i will be far away enough from all the liveliness?

Thanks

X

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova