We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and would like to go back to Palma Nova.

Last time we stayed in the Globables Nova Apartment which were great but pool area was a big let down.

This time I am considering the Sol Mirlos Tordos, tho hubby is concerned the rooms will be very cramped, can anybody tell me what the rooms are like? Is the food good?

Thanks

Fluffy :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

I have stayed there in 2010 and 2011.The rooms are spacious for a 3*.If you want more space pay the supplement for a family room though they get booked up very early.I thought the food was excellent considering how many they are catering for and nearly all were on All Inclusive when I was there.Wide choice for each course,replenished regularly and hot.

The pools are good Adults and Childrens but in peak season as expected sunbathing space around them is at a premium.Families seem to prefer being around the pools rather than on the beach nearby where you can hire sunbeds and parasols at quite a cost.

GFI-you won't regret it I am sure.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Thanks for that Wirral Scouse

That sounds good, I am getting a price for 10 nights in July for a family room, including flights and taxi transfer for £2432.00 all inclusive booking thru lowcostholidays, there seems to be loads going on in the hotel for the kids, my girls are 7 and 3

Looks in a good location too

birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Try travel republic as well or booking the hotel direct and flight seperately.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Yes fluffy it's certainly a great hotel for kids the ages of yours.Lots going on throughout the day in and around the hotels even their own disco before the adults' evening entertainment starts-usually live (or mimed in the case of the musical shows eg Lion King/Grease) every night.

Giz is right (again). I booked my stays there through Travel Republic but booked my own flights direct with Jet2 and Monarch Scheduled.I booked the hotel nearly a year in advance-after I had booked my flights- and was delighted with the prices.But just like lowcostholidays (who are reputable) Travel Republic can package them up for you.Might not be much between them.Last year Travel Republic achieved Agent status for Sol Melia.

Our Forum expert on Sol Mirlos/Tordos is bigscouse (no relation) and I am sure he will be on here soon. There's nothing he doesn't know about SM/T.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Just to be clear, the standard rooms are only available for a maximum of three persons (yes that includes kids) so cramping won't be an issue, as you can only have a family room with 2 kids. Or two separate rooms of course, cost is obviously prohibitive of that.

The kids will have a whale of a time, it's geared towards families and children.

Have a look at easyjet flights and booking the hotel direct on melia.com, I think you'll come in under £2,500 even with a €80 private transfer added on.

I've just booked there for £1100 for 11 nights in July, 2 people. 2 flights less than £300. So on my reckoning you should come in at around £1800 for 4 of you. I don't know the difference in cost of a standard room and a family room obviously.

Report back please.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

fluffyduck,

first things first, you have made a great choice, your kids will really enjoy this hotel, (so will you of course) one of the many highlights of the hotesl is the entertainment team, they work none stop from early morning till late, late in the evening entertaining the guests

they have several clubs to cater for all age groups, they have activities from 10.00/30am until 1.00pm, then again from 3.00pm until 5.00pm, then the evening entertainment starts at 8.30pm with a mini disco, followed by games for the adults followed by the main evening entertainment show.

the hotel has a number of plus points, its location, the entertainment team, the food, the cleanliness (check out the reviews)

as for rooms, I have seen (and people have posted on here about them) standard rooms with bunk beds, I would steer well clear of these, standard rooms just about have enough room for 3 people/beds

you'd be far better going for a family room, although as m2s states these do get booked up early

have a look on Sol Melia's web site, they have a specific section for family rooms, I would seriously look at booking D.I.Y the savings can be quite considerable

if you book vis Sol Melia's web site you will not pay a penny until next summer when you arrive home and your credit card bill arrives, unless you pay with a debit card that is

both hotel have family rooms, the best family rooms to me are in the Mirlos,(pictures on Sol melia web site) some of the family rooms in the Tordos are directly opposite the lifts, and you can be affected by noise etc from people returning to the rooms late at night, however the are some other great family rooms in the Tordos (on the small wing besides the sun terrace)

the hotel used to be either HB or A/I, although the difference for A/I wasn't the much more anyway, hence I always advised on A/I, however both hotels now only offer A/I and this great knowing there's nothing to worry about during your holiday, and the kids will really like being able to get drinks as and when the like

I've booked the hotel through Travel Republic as well before, although I use Sol Melia for most of my bookings

anything else, just ask

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Thanks guys for all that information that was great to know, i have looked on solmelia website and its coming up fully booked, so my only option would be thru lowcostholidays or travelrepublic,

Just trying to make my mind up between this hotel and something self catering, although the entertainment in the sol mirlos tordos seems to be unbeatable, r there any apartments that anyone could recommend apart from viva palma nova and the nova apartments, thought I still think these mirlos tordos sounds amazing!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

fluffyduck,

if your dates show no availability online with Sol Melia, try phoning there phone sales number

also should you go via Sol Melia web site, be sure to sign up for there Sol Melia reward/loyalty card, its free and you earn points for every pound you spend on your booking, depending on when you go, you might be able to keep you room on free until later in the afternoon

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

Thanks bigscouse your knowledge on this hotel is 2nd to none, very informative, ta very much :-)

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Sol Mirlos Tordos

further to posts above Sol Melia no family rooms on line ???

tried Travel Republic for the dates we go (mid to end of July) but put your kids ages in (3 & 7), got a price of £1808 for a family room (2 adts/2 kids) that was for hotel only for 11 nights

for Hotel & flights (from Liverpool) total price of £2303 with Travel Republic

for 2 adts & 2 kids, just to give you an idea

Edited: 4:27 pm, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova