We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best full English in Palma Nova ?

County Durham...
Level Contributor
127 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
best full English in Palma Nova ?

Hi.We are staying at Don Bigote in Palma Nova at end of September and looking for breakfast recommendations in case we have a lie in and miss breakfast at the hotel.Hope someone can help us out.I do know of several places that do breakfasts but haven t actually tried any of them and would not know which was the best to try.Thanks.

Peter

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

Bar Olas does the best all rounder for all things considered IMO

But there's plenty of others that'll fit the bill, too many to mention really.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

m2s,

Bar Olas has bit the dust, it is no longer there

this is the one along the path from Mirlos/Tordos ??

when we went (July2012) the Bar Olas had new oweners and new name

couldn't see out about the free wifi

although I was on cloud nine and getting free wifi sat by the Mirlos pool (pure heaven, sat by the pool on tin-ter-net, supping a cool drink)

Edited: 8:11 am, September 04, 2012
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

Yes, it's along the pathway at the rear. I was aware that it was new owners (from Sep last year). So are you saying it's gone bust and closed, or has just changed the name and is still open?

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

How did you have free wi-fi sat by the Mirlos pool lol ?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

m2s,

Bar Olas, appeared to be under new ownership, looked spanish to me, didn't seem to have as much on offer as bar Olas, not as many baords outside (or even inside) promoting drink/food offers and never noticed any free wifi signage either.

as for free wifi, well ............... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that'd it be telling, but it was great

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

m2s,

as for the free wifi,

well what happened, after several walks down the front to try the so called free wifi,(along the beach prom etc) which happened to be a waste of time, could get a signal anywhere, unlike last year when at certain times I could

I always ended up at McDonalds on Palma Nova beach, however I did find a certain spot closer to Mirlos/Tordos where I was able to pick up a wifi signal from a certain bar, (LOL)

However one afternoon, I turned my phone on whilst sat by the Mirlos pool, almost straight away, it picked up a free wifi signal, well I was like a pig in muck, for the next hour or so I was able to surf the web whilst sat by the Mirlos pool

the weird thing was I was able to pick up this signal from the the Mirlos pool (far side opposite main doors and from the balcony of our room on the 5th floor of the Mirlos) however I couldn't pick up this wifi signal if I was further away (the Tordos terrace)

I was able to pick up this signal for the best part of our stay at the Mirlos no mather what time it was either early morning, when on sunbed duty (it helped pass time away) I could also get a signal at midnight sat on the balcony of our room

Not sure where or who the signal was off, but it wasn't off the Hotel's own wifi package

so the morale of this is, if you don't try out, you won't get out

BTW,

make sure your data roaming is switched off at all times when abroad, otherwise you might end up with a hefty bill on your return

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,826 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

Great info Big Scouse :-)

I can only assume it was from the flats opposite, I think the bars/restos to the rear (Diana etc) would be too far away to carry the signal that far.

Great stuff :-)

doncaster
Level Contributor
445 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

wheres paul ???hes an expert on english food,he knows the best chippie,best sunday lunch,hes bound to know the best greasy spoon

south west
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

Has to be Florida restaurant, amazing breakfast, full English cooked fresh with tea or coffee and toast included for 5 euros, we go to palma nova 3 times a year and this breakfast is sensational

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best full English in Palma Nova ?

Try the robin hood on the same street as the florida, best breakfast on the island by far

enjoy grandabeni ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova