We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Cala Blanca

cork ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Cala Blanca

cork ireland

reviews: 7

12. Re: beach front hotel or suggestions please

17 August 2012, 17:58

Booked Half board direct with Sol Melia and got accomodation and free transfers to and from Airport Food in Hotel is good Entertainment not great. Sun beds non existent unless you get up at 6am Lifts dodgy . Three of our party got stuck in the lift for at least 20 minutes. Frightning for 2x 80 year olds. Checked with reception re transfer back to airport Was told 7.05 three hours before our flight. We were there at least 10 minutes before time but no bus Hotel said get 2 taxis and get receipts and ask for refund. Did this on 31st May and am still awaiting refund. Hotelbeds e mailed me on 27th July and said they had refunded the Sol Melia the taxi fares but Melia e mailed me on 3rd august that I should get the refund from Hotelsbeds that they has my Credit Card details. I was never in touch with Hotelbeds before my holidays as Sol Melia had arranged the transfers as part of the package.

I can't get any satisfaction from Sol Melia hotels. Can anyone suggest how I can get the taxi fares back. There were 7 of us on this holiday and paid €2264.22 for it

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

How are you corresponding with Sol Melia? The hotel reception? Or a central office?

I'm not sure how 'hotelbeds' have come into the equation if you booked direct with sol melia?

There is no onus on you to contact anyone else. It would, of course, have been ideal if you could have got the hotel receptionist's instructions to book a taxi, in writing. I suppose you have sent off the receipts? (but taken a copy of course ;-) )

cork ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

I have sent off copy receipts through e mail. I have been in contact with Melia reservations (but they are in Madrid) as it was with them I made the booking who in turn told me to send all the details to Atencionalcliente.reservas@melia.com and also Calidad @melia.com. I booked the hotel and free transport from airports Sol Melia booked the transfers with Hotelextras which are Hotelbeds. All these telephone calls and e mails have been going on since 31st MAY the day after we arrived home. So what more can I do.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

Give up.Life is too short to spend hours of anxiety chasing a few quid.You will no doubt already have crossed out Sol Melia from your future plans but that would be a shame as they have some really good hotels in Majorca.In Palma Nova, Sol Tordos/Mirlos are really good (only a few minutes walk from Sol Cala Blanca).

cork ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

Why should I. This a big Hotel corporation who should know better than to treat elderly people this way. As for the hotel while the food was good the facilities were not. 50 beds for 240 people if the hotel was full. And as for the lifts one was constantly breaking down and two of our party were stuck in one for more than twenty minutes and ringing the emergency bell and no one coming. It seems receptionist was in back office and didn't hear it. They were scared as when the door opened they were facing a brick wall . So much for the good hotel.

cork ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

Hi An update on the 24th Sept my bank account was eventually credited with the taxi fares That took from 31st May to 24th Sept. and numerous phone calls (free) and e mails. So persistance does pay off.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

Thanks for updating us.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

Yes, thanks for the update, and glad it paid off for you.

So i'll just gently take you to task for the 'so much for a good hotel' comment. Seems that they are an honourable company after all?

I'm not denying that their customer service could do with improvement of course.

cork ireland
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

I am sure that if i wasnt persistent I would be still be waiting. I just kept ringing and sending e mails and I told them I was not going away. Its over now but will TRY and avoid Melia hotels

9. Re: Sol Cala Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Palmanova