We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Wishaw, Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

We've stayed twice at this hotel and love it. Trying to book to go back in September, party of 2 adults and 2 children and going all inclusive.

Have been trying to book with Thomas Cook but they're charging a whopping £448 extra room facility charge and claiming it's for a family room. I know from having stayed in this hotel before that it's only the Tordos part of the hotel that have family rooms and it's closed by the end of September which is when we plan to go. I really grudge having to fork out that amount for something I know we won't get.

Anyone else encountered this and did you manage to get around it? Any time I try to speak to someone at Thomas Cook they haven't got a clue about the charge and keep trying to justify it by saying we'd be in a family room but I know the Mirlos don't have them - it'll be 2 single beds and bunk beds in a standard size room (don't mind this at all and would happily book it, just not the inflated charge!).

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

The Mirlos does have family rooms, as we are staying in one when we go back there in June, from memory there are from 2nd floor up and only 1 per floor and are on the road side of the hotel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Have you considered booking directly with the hotel? http://www.solmelia.com/ They should be able to book you in without the ridiculous fees that TC like to charge. Hope you get it sorted out.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

agree with CivilMan & BridgeLV comments above

we have had friends stay in the family rooms in the Mirlos, there very spacious to, I x large room with 1 double bed & 2 x single with a separate bathroom, as CivilMan states these are all on the road side of the Mirlos

you should be able to get a rough guide of the price for these rooms off sol melia's website, although these rooms do sell very quickly, look on the families section on sol melia's web site

also if you book through Sol Melia, you don't actually pay a penny until you credit card statement arrives on the mat, some 3,4 or 5 weeks after you arrive home next summer, feels quite weird paying for your holiday some 4-6 weeks after you arrive home

btw,

I've seen standard rooms with bunks beds in, and this would make it very, very tight inside for space etc, its bad enough with 3 beds in the rooms, let alone 1 extra bed (even though its above) and the extra baggage etc

Edited: 12:53 pm, January 27, 2012
birmingham,uk
Level Contributor
878 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Try Travel republic, they offer rooms for 4.

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Hello my family are comeing to your hotel the 23 June we were there the same time last June and loved it, we were in the mirlos room 523.could i possibly have that room again or above it.becouse we liked the view,as long as its over looking the pool.also can we have our rooms next to each other.thank you. Diane Woolvine.

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Hello my family are comeing to your hotel the 23 June we were there the same time last June and loved it, we were in the mirlos room 523.could i possibly have that room again or above it.becouse we liked the view,as long as its over looking the pool.also can we have our rooms next to each other.thank you. Diane Woolvine.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

Hello Diane, you are posting your request on a public forum, you are not speaking to the hotel.

This is trip Advisor, a travel site.

To make your request you will need to email the hotel directly.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

kathy w (Diane)

Don't think you can request specific rooms, a lot will depend on what the hotel has available on your actual arrival date

you could request a family room in either hotel though

if you go on the hotel's page on the Sol Melia website there's a contact us email addy, although the hotel is currently closed, doesn't reopen till late May2012

try emailing the hotel about 7-10 days prior to your arrival

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

I used Travel Republic for booking Sol Mirlos/Tordos in 2010 and 2011.You get the full list of room options on the scroll down on their website.I used them again for my 2012 booking although I have to say the price had jumped by more than a little! But I still used them.(I noticed TR are now an officially appointed agent for SolMelia but if that is why the price went up it is difficult to see what is in it for me.In the previous years Travel Republic used another booking agent).

But as bigscouse says you pay TR at the time of booking whereas you don't pay SolMelia until the end of your stay.Booking.com you don't pay until the end but their prices for the hotels we are talking about are just stupid.

I wouldn't bother with Thomas Cook.There are people on this forum know far more about Palma Nova hotels than they do.

Edited: 5:28 pm, February 21, 2012
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Mirlos/Tordos hotel - family rooms

hi we are going there for the first time 23rd aug till 6 sep we booked 2x family room and one double room all inclusive direct with hotel no deposit pay when we arrive for 10 of us its 7,000 for 2 wks

Get answers to your questions about Palmanova