We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magaluf14!

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Magaluf14!

Hey guys, myself and 4 male friends including my boyfriend are going to magaluf next month! I have a number of questions and was wondering if anyone could help. We are going half board for 1 week but will probably only be eating either breakfast or dinner each day and probably not both. We will probably go out every night to bars but only go clubbing once or twice, we want to go to a waterpark one day and we want to go shopping one of the days. We are going to order our maga life wristbands this week to save some money.

How much spending money is needed for the week?

What do guys and girls wear out to bars and clubs, types of shoes etc?

Anybody any experience with the vistanova hotel?

Is there busses or taxi services into Santa ponsa and shopping areas?

Where is the best place to buy alcohol for pre-drinking?

We are Irish and have heard that a lot of English don't like the Irish over there. We don't think this is true but has anyone had any experience with this?

Any recommended places to visit like bars, restaurants/fastfood joints, tattoo and piecing bars, things to do etc?

-Hayley

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Magaluf14!

A quick google of "Magaluf" images will answer a lot of your fashion questions. It will be hot, so don't bother bringing a cardigan.

Spending depends on how thrifty or loose you are with the money, but allotting €100 per day, you'll have more than enough for a good time. Keep it in a safe, or better, just use a debit card (and keep that out of reach, too). There's no shortage of missing cash in Magaluf.

There are buses and taxis to everywhere. Taxis are not cheap, but buses are - and they're reasonably comfortable. Old town Palma is really the place to shop.

Alcohol is sold all over the place - and it's pretty cheap.

Irish has nothing to do with it. Magaluf is a bit of the wild west, and it wont matter whether you're Irish or Chinese - there are always going to be drunken idiots who possess a bit too much testosterone for own good. Try to avoid groups of high-strung, obviously inebriated lads, whatever their nationality. And avoid appearing flirtatious with lads - girls are a perfect excuse to start a brawl, and it won't matter where you come from.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magaluf14!

Hiya Hun

Depending how much you would normally spend on a night out and whether or not you do any excursions you'll be ok on about €80-€100 a day but like I say all depends.

I wouldn't recommend heels as your feet will swell with the heat and plus walking up and down the strip in daft shoes is not a good idea.

Pay no attention to the English not liking irish. Everyone gets on with everyone in maga except the odd piss head who likes to start fights for no reason but you get them everywhere.

I went on a booze cruise with loads of people for Ireland from Santa ponsa and had a right scream.

http://www.magalufevents.com/guide/ will tell you everything you need to know.

Who's on where. What to do. Best clubs restaurants etc.

hope this helps have a fab time Hun x

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magaluf14!

Thank you :)

Hamilton, Scotland...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Magaluf14!

100 euros a day should be fine webt to vistanova on stag do last year was quality had dj playin by pool all day

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magaluf14!

Hi Hun

I went last year with my boyfie

Wear nice sparkly flip flops as ure feet will kill

I got my sons name Logan tattooed on me

There's some good bars up and down the strip

If ure talking about Bellevue vistanova

I stayed there last yr very basic and no atmosphere wasn't brilliant was close to everything and good place just to rest ure head xxx

Kent
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magaluf14!

I am Irish too, have been many many times and it has never been an issue. In Magaluf it is quite the opposite. Our accents are often the openings to great chats.

In Santa Ponsa there is a great Irish community, and if it is still there, you must visit Durty Nellie's bar. Great live music and atmosphere.

7. Re: Magaluf14!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf