We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Myself and two friends have 3 nights in Magaluf, staying at the Sol Wave House. We'll probably be doing plenty of drinking and staying out late, but I'd like to get in a decent dinner our first night before things get too crazy. Right now from what I've been able to research on TripAdvisor I had it narrowed down to Pardos or El Mundo. Looking for seafood/spanish/tapas type food that is great. Doesn't have to be the nicest setting, just want great food. Any other suggestions?

merseyside
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Try the boathouse on the beach next to crushes bar excellent food

Try the mussels in white wine sauce for starters

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

You may be surprised to hear that Magaluf is not well endowed with authentic Spanish or Mediterranean restaurants. The food is very much catered towards the British market, so if you want egg and chips you are in your element.

KFC and burger bars also abound.

For me your best bet has to be the El Mundo. I personally cannot think of anything better in the area.

Its on Calle Pinada and very easy to find. I would book at a weekend

Edited: 7:53 am, September 11, 2013
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I also found that the traditional Spanish food and tapas were few and far between in Magaluf, but hoped someone here could point us in the right direction. I think we'll try to do a trip up into Palma for lunch, or maybe for dinner then going out in Palma for the night. Just not sure if it'll happen for sure so I figured might as well get something decent the first night before the craziness starts.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Going into Palma is probably a good idea if you want decent Spanish food.

Actually you`ll have more decent Spanish restaurants on one block in San Jose than the whole of Magaluf.

I hope you aren`t expecting anything vaguely resembling Spain/Mallorca.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Ya, I've got a bunch of tapas places picked out in Palma, but one in particular I'm interested in for a lunch La Parada del Mar. I love seafood and this place looks like it has some pretty fresh stuff for reasonable prices. I like that you can pick out the fish from the market and they'll cook it how you want it. Dinner would probably be La Boveda (what's the difference between La Boveda and La Taberna de la Boveda?), Bar Dia, Tast, or Tasca.

And don't worry, I know what to expect in Magaluf (for us from America it's like Cancun on spring break). It's just a 3 night stop before we head to Munich for Oktoberfest so we're just looking for a beach/drinking/party destination for a few nights for 3 guys around 30.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Have a great time,and take heed of the countless warnings on crime.

Don`t be a victim.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Thanks, I'm well read on the warnings. No beach at night, don't walk alone home, and watch out for the women of the night. I think I'll have my two travel mates read up on it too just so they know the extend of the problem.

8. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:32 pm, September 16, 2013
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Probably a nearer trip then going to Palma, for good food, is the resto's around Port Adriano, only about €8 away in a taxi.

The quality will be more to an American standard anyway lol ;-)

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Restaurant for First Night in Magaluf

Thanks, I'll check out things over that way and see what looks good. Going to Palma would be for more than just a bite to eat though. It'd probably be a day trip of eating, cocktails, sightseeing, shopping, etc. The main reason for this post (looking for a decent spot in Magaluf) was to find a good place to head straight over to first thing when we get in Saturday night to start the trip off. Think El Mundo is going to be the place for some seafood and paella.

Edited: 6:08 pm, September 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf