We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the kids are all right

Which Magaluf hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Topic
the kids are all right

hi all-i write this report as an ageing old lad who at times as sailed close to the hedge on party circuits and knows what its all about and sadly is to old now-so if its lively (or madness) then it has to be maga-just had a week staying in the sol trinidad and it was fine-apart from the noise in the early hours (showing me age now)from our noisey neighbours but no complaints really as i was young once-magaluf as really changed since the last time we were there in 2008 but so has our holiday requirements-i dont honestly no if the change is for the better as its now a no goer for familys sadly-i took my daughter and her friend (both 17) as test run for when they go on there own-and they loved it-they did loads of bars on the strip and bcm square and every where inbetween really with a bit of supervison from yours truly and they got 2 gigs in at the mallorca rocks seeing beady eye & example-we did the water park and its quite expensive (when paying for 3) but well worth it-had a 2 great days on the beach and i could go on & on singing the resorts praises-i had a great banter with the kids and totally understand that maga is like a mecca for the young-in the week we were there we only saw 3 of the problems and that was walking back to the trinidad near to the sol wave house-it did suprise me a little that there was not more of the problems but we wern"t always out till silly o clock-just to finish of id like to add this that im a very protective dad-having brought my daughter up on my own from the age of 9 (she is now 17)and hand on heart i would have no problem what so ever going on her own-some mite not but were not all the same people-but we loved it

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: the kids are all right

Thankyou so much for this! it's made me feel a lot better about going as me and only one other girl (I'm 18, she's 19) are going the end of August and we're a bit nervous as we've heard it can be a bit violent at times! don't want anything bad happening! put thankyou for putting this post, makes me feel a lot better to know a protective dad would approve! x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the kids are all right

Thats a canny report Monkeysocks....My mum has been taking me to Magaluf since the age of 7...im now in my 40's and she is 70 and I take her now!....we're back there next week and cant wait another second!

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the kids are all right

A quite refreshing post. I am a regular to maga too with ,family and with the lads ( i am in my 40's) . Went with pals in May as normal ,going with family in Aug and will return with pals in sept.

Like every town or city in the UK there are place and people to avoid but all in all if you dont want trouble then you can usually avoid it. Yes there are problem areas and some good advice on here but I wouldnt put anybody off going to Maga and enjoying a great atmosphere. As I said its like having a nightout or holiday at home you have to be careful.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: the kids are all right

hi taylor-well i hope i put your mind at rest but still keep ya eyes open love and you will be fine-it could av bin me but i thought that the issues were a bit over cooked-magaluf is taylor made for ya and if ya like indie music check out alexs bar-have a great time taylor and grab it with both hands. hi stan-i think thats great going with ya mum-if its such a bad place why would ya take something as precious as a dear old mam-it was me and my daughters first holiday love when she was 4 and like you id love to go back in my later years-magaluf is what it is but ya cant deny its appeal what ever the age-have a great time mate & look after the special 1. hi celtic-the advice on here was welcoming but at times i thought they were wrighting about sin city not magaluf-i bet there has bin kids on here that have bin put of going because of some of the horror stories they have read on here-im not saying its like visiting alice in wonderland but has an holiday resort for the 18 to 30(or in our case 40 somethin) brigade then its the place-enjoy ya holiday in august mate and dont do nothing that i wouldn"t do (which hint much)

5. Re: the kids are all right

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf