We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magaluf !!

Preston, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Magaluf !!

Well we got back from Palma Nova last Monday, 6 girls out to celebrate our friends 50th birthday, what can i say ! we had the most amazing time, we had heard all the bad about Magaluf and to be honest nearly gave it a miss, even on the fri eve when we arrived we were given horror stories of the robberies, and the prostitutes, but be braved it on the Saturday night, and had an amazing night ( well weekend) never felt threatened in any way and didn't see any trouble in the resort at all, i know that perhaps in the height of the season it is very different & wouldn't choose it as a resort for my family holiday, but with the girls on a weekend away it was perfect we would go back tomorrow, everyone was very friendly and welcoming, i honestly think if you stick together you are safe, we met some great people out there & really didn't want to leave, so please don't judge till you have been, The Preston girls ( oh sorry & the birthday girl from Harrogate ! )

Bladerunner
Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Big Blue Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Bar Papis
Bars & Clubs, Gay Clubs & Bars
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magaluf !!

"...please don't judge until you have been...."

That's fair enough debbie as long as The Innocents Abroad know what the dangers are before they go to Magalluf.Which is what this thread is all about.

(Sticking together is the cardinal rule).

Delighted you girls had a great weekend.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magaluf !!

Debbie..

Delighted you had a great time...but you say don't judge until you've been?

The fact that you stayed as a group helped you to stay safe.....but as many will tell you.....they stayed in groups and still got attacked...

Just about every night throughout the season another bagful of stories came about muggings etc....so you girls were lucky.....thankfully...

For others..... listen to the postings that have been posted all Summer......and read the letters in the local papers from residents etc.......then the rest is upto you!

Don't you say you haven't been warned..

MANCHESTER-GOLFER

Preston, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Magaluf !!

Manchester Golfer

I agree we were lucky and it was the end of the season and i think this made a difference,as friends in our group had visited from Santa Ponsa in July a couple of years ago and said it was completely different & saw the prostitutes hanging around, i did see a different Magaluf to the 1 i visited twice as a child,and as i said wouldn't go there for a family holiday, you do need to be very careful & read all the postings which thankfully we did, i just hope that the police & authotities can get a grip of the situation before it just becomes a no go zone.

Debbie

4. Re: Magaluf !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations