We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baa Humbug

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Baa Humbug

I must say that I am very disappointed that Trip Advisor pulled the Merry Christmas posting.....

Unless I missed something, which I think I didn't?

It seems very sad(that if this is the case), that we cannot wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas etc... to one and all........

Isn't this supposed to be the season of goodwill?

There is a lot of hard work that goes into making forums like this work(which is down to us-the TA members), who give up their time,knowledge, etc... etc......for nothing.

Surely it isn't too much to ask, to be able to say "Merry Christmas" to everyone?

Come on Trip Advisor,(if you have pulled this topic because it has no bearing on travel)I think that on this occaision that YOU,not us,have overstepped the mark!

1. Re: Baa Humbug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:53 am, February 07, 2009
southampton
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baa Humbug

sorry the merry xmas topic has been closed guys if i kne trip advisor would have closed it then i would not have started this topic cant understand why they closed it ! merry xmas guys! tony

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baa Humbug

Guys, In my experience TA only close topics if a reader raises an objection/inappropriate report. So who was it? I personally don't see any problem with the exchange of seasonal greetings.We did have a very interesting thread running a month back about charges for overweight baggage at PMI but this was closed as "not travel related" which couldn't have been more untrue.It's the contributors who instigate the pulling of threads not Big Brother Trip Advisor.Please wise up. I love Trip Advisor and I admire its ideals but I do realise it is customer-driven.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baa Humbug

Well said Wirral - these forums are only as good as the people that use them and the Baa Humbug attitude has probably come from a member.

Its a shame that some people just don´t get the Christmas spirit!

Anyway, I still wish Feliz Navidad to all on here.

Thats another thread about to be closed then!

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baa Humbug

They wouldn't would they? Happy Christmas to all!

Peter

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baa Humbug

i agree with ws the ta moderators do not check the threads unless some1 has clicked the link so yes some member must have done it ???.I think that member must be sad thats all i can say .they seem not to bother about the members who do all the work and put the time in .

so here goes

merry xmas to 1 and all and here's to a prosperous new year

moocher and family

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baa Humbug

Once again Mery Christmas to All!!

TORII

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baa Humbug

Hi everyone........

Yes I realise what you were are all saying, but I just didn't have the heart, to want to believe that someone out there could be so sad!

To think that someone would feel that wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, could be seen as "inappropriate", well the mind boggles!!........

I can only imagine, that it is down to one thing and one thing only...............as is always the case in this day and age.................................

but won't say anymore than that!

Once again, all the very best to one and all this Christmas, and that's hope that next year is a very healthy one for EVERYONE.......

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baa Humbug

Yes, Merry Christmas to one and all, and lets all hope for a prosperous new Year, one in which sterling fights back and we don't all have to start thinking about spending our hols in a caravan in Skeggie, not that there is anything wrong with Skegnes (before somebody takes offence).

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baa Humbug

Hiya scouse Debs. Sterling fight back? Dream on babe.The total debt of our nation is 4 times the value of its annual production and still mounting.USA is in the same hole. Both of our countries are now facing the consequences of years of living on credit backed by escalating property values.

We the people of the nation will have to suffer a financial squeeze for many years to pay for this.So what has this rant to do with holidays abroad? Fair question.

Do not bank on a return of confidence in sterling v the Euro.We are,all of a sudden, the poor people of Europe.The European holiday countries that have been the main attractions to Brits, especially Spain including the Balearics and Canaries,will have to change their marketing to compete with the countries that are currently outside the eurozone eg Egypt and Turkey.I predict a significant increase in the availability of All Inclusive holidays.Those of us who can afford to continue holidaying abroad will want to cap our expenditure and paying the whole cost upfront will be a big plus.This would not be good news for bar and restaurant owners in Spanish resorts.Spain needs our trade. They have the highest unemployment rate in Eurozone so they will have to trim their prices.

Skeggie caravan park owners will probably be rubbing their hands but IMO people who holiday in Spain including Majorca will merely trade down in the hotels they book.The major tour operators including Thomson,First Choice,Thomas Cook have already cut the availability of Spanish holidyas for summer 2009 so that they can sell more of them at full price.Despite this I wouldn't book early unless I was wanting AI in a specific hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations