We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Guadalupe

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Guadalupe

I thought I would update you of the changes that are going on at the Sol Guadalupe in Magaluf.

They are having a major structual-layout change of the entire downstairs of the hotel- which includes the entrance/reception area-dining room-lifts-lounge/bar area...etc... and the entire outside area is being changed where the swimming pools are(were) and the turfed area to the rear of the hotel(near the shop exit)and at present is a building site!!

But don't worry everything is on schedule to be completed for opening in May and it should look great!!

If anyone wishes to view the pictures that i have of the changes at present then please email me on dacs@hotmail.co.uk and I will gladly attach them for you to view as I don't think I can attach to anything that I post on the forum?

Mentioned in this post
Sol Guadalupe by Melia
Sol Guadalupe by Melia
2,306 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Hotel Samos
Hotel Samos
#1 of 30 hotels in Magaluf
HSM Sandalo Beach
HSM Sandalo Beach
#2 of 30 hotels in Magaluf
Sotavento Apartments
Sotavento Apartments
#3 of 30 hotels in Magaluf
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Sol Guadalupe

Apologies for this one everyone.......

But couldn't resist with the Olympics going on....

There I am at the top of the podium with Gold..Silver and Bronze....lol.....

Great Britain Rules lol..!! ...........

Antrim
2 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: Sol Guadalupe

Thanks for the info. Anyway - could anyone recommend me a great hotel to go to for a family with a 7-month old baby in Mallorca? I think it would be useful close to the airport and close to the beach, and not a too noisy.. Thx

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Sol Guadalupe

Hi............

The beach and the airport are not near each other...

Magaluf and the airport are a good 30min drive away from each other....

If you are asking about anywhere in Majorca then I would ask you to go onto the forum "Majorca" as you should get a better response as this is specifically about Magaluf.......

I think that with you requesting not too noisy, that Magaluf will be out of the question......not being an expert on the rest of the island I cannot advise........but I would imagine that one of my colleagues may well steer you towards the EAST of the island?

Good luck....

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Sol Guadalupe

Just a quick one to you all.....

The alterations to the Sol Guadalupe are fantastic......

How this hotel doesn't get a four start God only knows!!!!!

When I get back I will post a new report...not on the forum for all to read...............

Anyone thinking of coming here will......in my opinion be coming to the best 3 star hotel in Maglauf!!!!!!!!

Just about to dive into the new lagoon pool...so look out sunbathers!!lol...

Mentioned in this post
Sol Guadalupe by Melia
Sol Guadalupe by Melia
2,306 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
65. Re: Sol Guadalupe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations