We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Family Accommodation in Deia

3 posts
Save Topic
Group Family Accommodation in Deia

Hello! I would love your help please.

We are a group of 3 families looking for child friendly accommodation in Deia Sept 23-Oct 1, 2018. We are 7 adults with 4 x toddlers between us and we are struggling to find somewhere that's appropriate as pools aren't fenced so it would be a bit of a safety nightmare.

Can anyone recommend somewhere that doesn't have a pool or has a fenced pool? Also needs to be walking distance from town/restaurants.

Thank you so so much!

Lisa

Mentioned in this post
Deia
Deia
Majorca, Spain
4 replies to this topic
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group Family Accommodation in Deia

Hi Lisa. I’m sorry I can’t help with accommodation but I do know the village quite well. In my view, it would be one of the worst places on the island to holiday with four toddlers. It is a very picturesque mountain village but the main road goes right through the village centre. Smaller roads lead off, running up and down hill, but they are fairly steep. There is nowhere you could let the toddlers run about safely. The tiny cala is a steep hike from the village and would be a struggle for toddlers and it is unsuitable anyway as it is a rocky/shingle cove with no sand. Regarding restaurants, the Spanish love children and welcome them almost everywhere. However, the sort of clientele that stay in the village and (I would imagine) pay a considerable amount for their evening meal, might not be happy dining with four toddlers unless they are extremely well behaved so you might feel uncomfortable yourselves. I don’t think there are any restaurants that cater especially for children. In fact, you might struggle getting a table for 11 people.

Obviously it is your choice but perhaps have a look at somewhere like Pollenca/Puerto Pollenca instead. You should find a large villa with fenced pool there.

Edited: 1:48 am, June 07, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Pollenca
Pollenca
Majorca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group Family Accommodation in Deia

Well said B and P a perfect description, avoid with kids of any age.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Group Family Accommodation in Deia

Oh wow, thank you! I don't know the area at all (I'm in Australia) but we are meeting up with English friends there... no one mentioned this so this is great feedback! Travelling with kids is hard enough, let alone all the things you mentioned. I will look in those spots you mentioned now. Thank you again

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group Family Accommodation in Deia

If you are meeting friends in Deia, then consider staying in Puerto Soller instead of Puerto Pollenca as it’s much closer. It doesn’t have as nice a beach as PP but it is very pretty and the inland town of Soller is lovely and well worth a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Deia
Deia
Majorca, Spain
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Pollenca
Pollenca
Majorca, Spain
Reply to: Group Family Accommodation in Deia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted