We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Pastilla in early March?

Brighton
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can Pastilla in early March?

Dear All!

Am planning a short 2 or 3 night break possibly in Can Pastilla at the beginning of March, and just had a few questions that I hope someone may be abe to help me out with!

Will any restaurants/bars/shops be open at this time? I appreciate that it's out of season, but wondered if a few of these would be open? I've been to Palma Nova off season, and there has always been something open, if not a vast amount.

Does the 21 bus service stop near the Marina Luz hotel, which is where we may be staying, and has anybody stayed at this hotel? I know it's v near the airport, but I'm not too bothered by that, espcially if it's just a short break - can you recommend it, or should I be looking at other hotels?

Will there be any cycle hire shops open? I read that there's quite a nice route around here, has anyone walked/cycled it?

I'd quite like to take a trip to Soller, as the other times I've stayed in Majorca, I haven't had a chance to - are there buses from Can Pastilla to Palma to pick the train up to Soller, or is there a bus that goes all the way to Soller, and will there be anything open when I get there??

And finally (thank goodness for that thinks anyone reading this!), what will the weather be like?

Sorry to ask so many questions, and thank you all so much in advance for your help!

Many thanks, Abbey

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Pastilla in early March?

Abbey,

I have been to Can Pastilla quite a few times. I cant answer all of your questions but what i can say is this:-

The weather should be pleasant, maybe mid sixties during the day, but still a little chilly at night. Its still unpredictable this early in the year, but its likely to be much better than the UK.

There will be some bars/shops etc open, but not as many as Palma Nova /Magaluf in my opinion. This resort really is a May-October place to visit

The good news is that there is a regular cheap bus into Palma from where you can get the train to Soller. Im not sure about the bus.

From your airport arrival i would suggest a taxi to the hotel-it really is no distance at all, and indeed the resort can suffer from aircraft noise especially in the high season.

I hope this little bit of advice helps you

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Pastilla in early March?

Hi, bus 21 is ideal for getting to Can Pastilla from the PMI airport and much much cheaper than getting a taxi.

It will leave you near the Hertz office in Can Pastilla, probably about 10 - 15 mins from the hotel. The hotel is easy to find from here, as there is a signpost on the main road and you basically just have to walk along two or three roads to get to it.

For any other questions regarding the hotel, I would suggest that you contact the hotel directly at recepcion.luz@marina-hotels.com

The bus 21 schedule is here:

www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/lineas.ct.svr…

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Pastilla in early March?

I went to CP last year at the end of February-first week in March.

Yes, there were some bars and cafes open, whilst some were still closed for their holidays. You should have no problem finding one open though.

Its quite a small place with a very nice well kept beach, only a short walk from the Marina Luz hotel.

Easy access to Palma, via a regular and cheap bus service that runs on the main road, at the rear of the resort.

About a 20-30 minute ride. No, there is no bus that goes to Soller from Can Pastilla. You will need to get the bus to Palma, get of at the big square Plaza Espana, the centre of the city and its traffic hub. There you will find the station for trains to Soller, and also the bus station, where buses run frequently-and cheaply- to all parts of the island. I did a trip to Valldemossa on the bus, very nice trip indeed. There's a tourist information office in the square, but its pretty straightforward. You buy bus tickets from the driver as you get on board.

One of the nicest things is the coastal path that they have made running all the way to Palma, and yes there is a cycle hire shop, and it was open when I was there. Cycles can be hired for the day.

Warm for most of the time, although a downpour is possible. I'd take comfortable walking shoes for that coastal path, and an umbrella just in case. I did get a modest suntan, however, and enjoyes it very much. Can Pastilla was quite a quiet place, most tourists seemed to be Spanish pensioners on holiday when I was there, very nice too.

4. Re: Can Pastilla in early March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Can Pastilla