We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quietest beach

London, United...
10 posts
quietest beach

staying in cala egos from 20th august. please could you tell me the beach that is less crowded. thank you Sharon.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
551 posts
62 reviews
35 helpful votes
1. Re: quietest beach

they are all really small so all will be busy best to go to mondrago beach by bus well worth the trip

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: quietest beach

Mondrago, while lovely, is probably the 2nd most "famous" beach on the island, and thusly will also be jam-packed to the gills as it usually is in high season. If you've ever been there when it's that busy, I think you'd agree it's probably best to avoid it.

London, United...
10 posts
3. Re: quietest beach

thank you, do you know of any quiet beaches r less busy. thank uou for all replies.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: quietest beach

Most will be busy in the high season, and if you're looking for something less busy, there will be a tradeoff - such as having to walk quite a distance through rugged slopes, etc...

There's always the gigantic beaches which, even when full, aren't "full". Playa de Muro, Can Picafort, etc..

You're probably best off staying put. Or.... go down to the marina and get on a sailboat - they can reach all the beaches that nobody else can :-)

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
94 reviews
68 helpful votes
5. Re: quietest beach

If you want quiet then avoid Mondrago, it was full last week at 10 am each day, yes it is a fantastic area but not in July or August, you actually have Des Pou cove in Egos which for most days last week was only ever half full, plenty of sandy areas to put you towels down or beds and brollies that you pay for, the only bad thing about here is the very small access to the sea which is also quite steep.

Other than that the town beach is worth a walk to as this also tends never to get overcrowded as most people use Cala Gran.

I am afraid unless you are very rich and are not bothered about the cost to get one of the boats to take you to one of the secluded beaches (if you could find one) would cost a fortune.

I was on Cala Ferrera last week and that was packed by the waters edge but quiet a little further back, the beach bar here stops open till midnight.

You have just picked the wrong time of year for Quiet I am afraid.

28SAC

Ashton in...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: quietest beach

We found Cala des Pou at Cala Egos to be the least crowded of them all even though it's only small. We often walked to the left hand side of the beach onto the rocks and it was really quiet there. It's nice to walk to Es Forti as that's definitely not crowded. There is no beach but you can watch the boats returning to the marina from there.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: quietest beach

If you have a hire car try Cala Sa Nau, north of Cala Ferrera, or Es Trenc on the south of the island.

seemallorca.com/sea/beach/cala-sa-na-beach-m…

fincasllucmajor.com/images/photos/d18d58cdac…

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
8. Re: quietest beach

Thanks for pointing that out, however, that photo of Sa Nau doesn't really suggest anything resembling "quiet".

and it's also worth pointing out that Es Trenc is perhaps the single most "famous" beach on the island, and we all know what that means :-) I have to believe that photo of Es Trenc was NOT taken in the high season - more likely April or May, or possibly October.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: quietest beach

oh yes definitely taken off season! I have been to both beaches in high season and they are not always packed. I think it will be difficult finding a fairly quiet beach anywhere around high season. Several people mentioned Des Pou which is my local beach, but being so small it always feels very busy to me during the tourist season. I'd rather be on a natural beach than a man made one. Cala Torta or Mesquida used to be quietish but I have not been for years so don't know now?

falkirk, scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
23 helpful votes
10. Re: quietest beach

Cala Serena was our favourite beach. Very picturesque, small cove but fairly quiet compared to others as if it was a hidden secret. Bit further to walk to but certainly worth it. Check it out😄

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or