We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket in Cala D'or

UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket in Cala D'or

Hi

My family and I are going to Cala D'or in July, can anybody advise of the best/cheapest supermarket where we could stock up on family essentials, beer wine and with a deli counter for parma ham and cheese etc?

Thanks in advance....

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
The Little Tavern
$, Bar, International, Pub
A Table
$$ - $$$, French, Mediterranean, European
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

There is an Eroski (Lidl/Aldi) on the main roundabout into Cala D'or - 10 minute walk from nearly everywhere

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

thank you

rep ireland
Level Contributor
343 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

Would that Eroski be 10 ten minutes also form El Puerto1 private apartments that is close to the marina

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

That Eroski is a much longer walk fron El Puerto 1 - more like 25 mins and I would not fancy it in the heat and with shopping. The nearest supermarket to you is the Spar on the Marina. The larger Spar on the edge of Cala Dor would be a bit closer than the large Eroski. I would suggest a taxi back if you do a large shop, and then use the Spar for regular top ups, fresh bread etc.

Edited: 12:58 pm, March 04, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
rep ireland
Level Contributor
343 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

Thanks

rep ireland
Level Contributor
343 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

mak you know the spar at the marina how far is it to walk to there from El Puerto1 apts Block5

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

28SAC says its across the road ,and then you walk down three flights of steps, or there is a slipway that you can walk down which takes you to the marina, close to the yacht club, and then you have a walk of less than 5 mins. I've not done that trip as I live in Cala Egos. Its ok but I wouldnt want to haul a lot of shopping in the heat. Ideal for smallish trips of no more than one or two bags of shopping. Best to do one large shop in town and get a taxi back and then do the regular smaller trips for fresh milk, bread etc.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

The easiest route to the Spar is out of gate 2 turn right cross the road and down the hill on the left this brings you out at the marina entrance (the Spar is at the Marina entrance) no steps ramp all the way, or you can cut through the gardens of puerto del Sol and into the marina that way again no steps 5 min walk down.

As others have tried to point out the Spar is very expensive and not very good, you will be far better off paying for a cab and going to the large Eroski at the entrance to Cala Dor and as Makk says just use it as a stop gap.

Question for the regulars is Puerto Del Sol opening this year as it had quite a good little supermarket aimed at the Brits?

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Lancashire and Cala...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

The Spars do the most AMAZING croissants tho - we have them every morning when we're there!

rep ireland
Level Contributor
343 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Supermarket in Cala D'or

Thanks everyone

Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or