We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cala Bona Hotel

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Cala Bona Hotel

We are going here in October and would like to know any tips or advice re which rooms to request etc.

Is the fishing any good round the harbour and the beaches?

Thanks.

Gran Sol
Gran Sol
#1 of 19 hotels in Cala Bona
Protur Alicia Hotel
Protur Alicia Hotel
#2 of 19 hotels in Cala Bona
Aparthotel Ferrer Isabel
Aparthotel Ferrer Isabel
#3 of 19 hotels in Cala Bona
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,082 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

Can't comment about the hotel but I'm pretty sure youre not allowed to fish directly from the harbour...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

Thanks for that, fishing is often banned in harbours, but some times permitted on the outside.

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

I normally fish on a small piece of wall on the far side of the harbour . This year I was told I could only fish outside the harbour or risk being fined

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

Thanks

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

like big ron said - if you fish in the harbour this year you will get the threat of a fine (doesn't seem to apply to the local youths though!)

This year I fished off the top breakwater on the bottom side of the harbour (there are 3 to choose from) and had plenty of fish using shrimp or worm.

If you see little fish jumping out of the water it means there are barracuda feeding, so take a few spinners etc.

The locals fished at night off the bottom breakwater by Paulas supermarket but I don't know if they caught anything

There is a good tacle shop half way down the prom going to cala millor

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

Thanks, any large mullet outside the harbour taking bread on the top?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
180 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

no - all the mullet I saw were well inside the harbour. There is a big shoal of little mullet infront of Janet and Johns but there is a shoal of large mullet half way between fhere and the tourist infomation

Edited: 12:40 pm, September 23, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Janet and John's
Janet and John's
1,141 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

Thanks.

9. Re: Cala Bona Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona