We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paella places

England
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paella places

Can anyone recommend any nice places that serve a lovely paella? Dont mind. if its in Cala Bona or Cala Millor

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paella places

I had a nice paella in Janet & Johns at the harbour, they even make a fresh paella for one.

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paella places

I also had one there last year ,very nice it was too .

england
Level Contributor
255 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paella places

If you fancy Paella at lunchtime, the Hotel Talayot on the promenade does show cooking on a Wednesday lunch time about 1pm.

Paella and glass of Sangria for 6euros per person. For this you get to watch it being cooked fresh whilst talked through how its done, taste the Sangria when again shown how to make it and a recipe sheet for both to bring home.

No need to pre-book. Just walk in and pay at the bar of the guy cooking.

Nice lunch and popular with the locals too.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paella places

I know this is a daft question but does anyone know of anywhere that does a Paella that dosn't have any seafood or fish in it , just chicken and meat.

london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paella places

I think you will find that most places that do a Paella would have an option of a sea food free one , i will most certainly try the Hotel Tayalot option .

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paella places

Hi, I've been to Cala Bona many times over the last ten years and eaten in most of the restaurants and also had paella in most of them, and enjoyed them all, but the one I have enjoyed the most is in a restaurant called Fonoll Mari which overlooks the harbour. Absolutely delicious! The waiter who served us has brought the paella pan over and served it to us himself, which is an art in itself and seemed quite proud in doing so. We haven't been for two years, so not sure if its still open but I will be hoping so, as I'm due to go back shortly. Enjoy!!

Edited: 3:27 pm, July 27, 2012
england
Level Contributor
255 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paella places

Should of said...In high summer. Paella is cooked out the back of the hotel around the outdoor pool.

Other months its in the conservatory at the front of the hotel,

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paella places

Thanks bigron , we'll try the Talayot

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paella places

Think you want a Valencia paella which is usually chicken and chorizo,which is usually served in most of the Spanish restaurants.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paella places

Thank you Chunksdad, that is exactly what I wanted.

I'll make a note of it.

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona