We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gambling licence

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
gambling licence

can anybody tell me if the cala bona hotel is playing bingo as i heard now you have to have a gambling licence for all hotels that play bingo

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gambling licence

I read somewhere that a lot of places that play bingo are offering cocktails etc, as prizes instead of cash.Not sure if the Cala Bona are doing this,but its likely.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gambling licence

we stayed at Cala Bona Hotel last year, they were definetely playing cash bingo.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gambling licence

Bonaire was offering a cocktail last week

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: gambling licence

They most likely have a licence. Too risky to do it without.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gambling licence

just received text from friends stayin at the Bonamar, saying there is no bingo anywhere (for cash)except to play for drinks, they informed me that includes the CalaBona hotel..oh dear not for me..hope the Cala Bona hotel has its licence....we will be over there 19th august both not drinkers , hubby has too much medication..love our game of bingo..x

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gambling licence

Just returned from CB YES the Cala Bona are playing Bingo 2 games at about 8.00pm €5 per game prizes are about 80 points four a single line and about 270 points for a full house .BUT POINTS equals DOSH ,Good luck

Edited: 6:57 am, June 28, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gambling licence

Just returned from CB YES the Cala Bona are playing Bingo 2 games at about 8.00pm €5 per game prizes are about 80 points four a single line and about 270 points for a full house .BUT POINTS equals DOSH ,Good luck

Edited: 6:59 am, June 28, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Cornwall
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gambling licence

thank you so much for your reply..can't wait..best wishes Katherine..

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: gambling licence

they are playing bingo in hotel c/b but there is new rules they only let you play bingo if you are staying at the hotel you have to show your door key and now you get bingo cards at reception a good few complaints had been made that guests staying at the hotel couldnt get a seat so they made it only stayin guests this started in may only hope by oct it fizzy out as were stayin in the antlon and i love a game of bingo

greater manchester
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: gambling licence

Hope they dont play bingo at the Bonaire! They never used to when we went in 2009 but in 2010 and 2011 Thomson included it in their entertainment. Personally I find it ridiculous on a childrens resort. They make every child be quiet just so adults can play bingo then if certain kids are making a noise they start telling them to be quiet... Ugggh yeh maybe do it on the couples only hotels where theres no kids or do it in another room away from kids but I certainly won't miss it or the stupid vicky pollard rules they play before it commences

Get answers to your questions about Cala Bona