We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarket opening times

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
supermarket opening times

Hii, we are arriving Sunday 23rd September. Am I right in thinking there will be no supermarkets open on a Sunday? Any smaller shops just for essentials?

Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarket opening times

No supermarkets, but you should find smaller shops open for those essentials (depending on what time you arrive of course!).

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarket opening times

Whereabouts in Mijas are you staying - the Pueblo or somewhere in Mijas-Costa?

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarket opening times

We are staying at Rancho de Luz, Mijas Pueblo.

Our flight gets in at 11. 40 am.

May be easier to get the essentials via the caretakers of the villa and eat out that night. Do the big shop on Monday. We have used Mercadona before on other holidays so guess would look for their nearest branch unless any better suggestions.

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarket opening times

I think that's a good idea. Unpack, have a cuppa and then explore Mijas and find somewhere to eat in the evening.

La Cala de Mijas...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarket opening times

I was up in Mijas Pueblo last Sunday to have a look around. Unfortunately I didn't see any grocery stores open that could help you out, and we were looking. We were finally able to get our needed supplies from a Shell station down the hill a bit.

We are down in La Cala de Mijas, Mijas Costa, and it is the same thing here.

Have a great stay!

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarket opening times

Thanks to all for your replies!

Looking forward to some serious sunshine after our terrible summer!!

7. Re: supermarket opening times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 20, 2013