We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mijas- recinto ferial

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Mijas- recinto ferial

Hi, I am trying to find out where the 'recinto ferial' of Mijas is. Is it in Calahonda, Mijas Pueblo or Costa, or is there more than one in Mijas. Also can I get to the fairgrounds easily by bus? Thanks!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

It will be in Mijas Pueblo. Calahonda is Sitio de Calahona and is further down the coast and part of what they call Mijas Costa - that covers Fuengirola to Marbella really!

Where are you staying? If in Sitio de Calahonda you will need to get the bus to Fuengirola and then the Mijas bus from there, unless you have a car. Last year the fairground was in the main square and there was a big marquee up in the area near the church where they had dancing and lots of food and drink available. We had a great time on the last day. You will need to be there from lunchtime through to the evening to get a really good experience, unfortunately we had to leave in the late afternoon so missed some events but had a wonderful time anyway.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

Hi, I will be staying in Fuengirola before I go to Mijas where my favorite performer will be playing on Sept. 9. I am trying to get info on the concert before I go but so far unable. I was planning on staying 2 nights in Mijas Pueblo if the concert is there or 4 in Mijas Costa if it is there instead as I don't have a car. Looks like I will be spending 2 nights in the Pueblo as you say the fairgrounds are there. Thanks for the info!

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

Hi

If for any reason you don't get fixed up with accomodation in the pueblo just to let you know that , during the feria , there are late buses running between Fueingirola and Mijas pueblo. We generally stay there so I can't recall the times but I have a feeling the last one is in the region of 2.00 a.m.

There are also plenty of taxis - normal cost is 16 euros but it may be more during the feria to get back down to Fuengirola. A car during the feria is sometimes a liability in any case.

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

I have just found the programme online but not sure how to send you the link.

What is the performers name you want to see?

Or google Mijas pueblo Feria 2012 - it comes up with a Spanish website and there is a link to open the programme.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,482 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

The night bus to Arroyo and Benalmadena runs on Thursday, friday and saturday night up to the 9th September, upto 2.30am from Mijas Pueblo, in the other direction leaves Benalmadena at 3.45am.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,903 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

www.mijas.es/mijas/UserFiles… Here the program, its a big file so can take a while to open. 72 page pdf doc.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

Great, thank you for the info. The performer I want to see is La Hungara. It is posted on her web site but it just says "Miijas." I am sure it will be updated shortly.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

Thanx so much, the info I need about the show is here.

9. Re: Mijas- recinto ferial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 15, 2013