We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Hello

I would be grateful if anyone can advise whether restaurants and bars are open fully in La Cala in November.

We have only stayed in July or August before and are having to holiday later than usual this year. Hoping that it will still be warm and that the resort will still be "open"

Any info gratefully received before we book.

Many thanks

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
548 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Most restaurants are open, but it is of course more calm than during the peak season. For some years ago La Cala was dead after mid September, but this has changed drastically.

( I live close to La Cala)

Best regards from Mijas Costa,

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Many thanks for the reply jonnyx.

I don't mind calm but it is comforting to know that most restaurants will be open and it won't be a ghost town.

Do you know if the market in front of El Fogon still operates at that time of year?

We have friends who live in Calahonda, who we are hoping to surprise so we can't ask them anything without raising suspicion.

Thanks again

Regards

Itik

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
548 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Hi,

Yes the market is even more busy than during the summer. The market is not really a tourist thing, but more fore the residents.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

Thanks again jonnyx

I love looking around local markets and the fact that this one was not touristy, was what appealed to me.

Good news for me but not so good for my husband !

Regards

Itik

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

It will be quieter, but everything still open, all year round!

6. Re: Is La Cala "open" in November ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mijas