We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Driving Permit

Which Mijas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
International Driving Permit

When in Mijas in Sept I will be renting a car. Is it recommended that I get an IDP.

Joanne

USA-OHIO
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Driving Permit

My rental car company strongly recommended it. I will be getting it from AAA and it is not that expensive. I have gotten them before and they are good for 1 yr. Spain does not require it but my peace of mind does.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Driving Permit

Not required to hire a car but essential should you be stopped by the Police for any reason. Show them an IL and you will be on your way again much quicker than without one.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Driving Permit

This topic drew warm (and healthy) debate a few years ago. The responses may still be of interest.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187443-i284-k76…

4. Re: International Driving Permit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mijas