We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Directions Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Could anyone confirm the directions from Malaga airport to Mijas please?

I've driven it loads of times, but now as I try to picture it in my mind I'm not 100% sure.

Not being lazy, I've searched online for loads of versions of directions, and have cobbled together this version - could someone let me know if anything is inaccurate please?

(otherwise, hopefully it will be of help to someone else)

------

To get to Mijas town from Malaga airport, take the N-340 E-15 motorway direction Algeciras/Cadiz for approximately 10 km. Keep right, and do not take exit 217 Benalmadena/Mijas. The motorway then splits into A7 N340 and the new toll road AP7. Stay on A7 N340 costa and take exit 214 to Fuengirola/Algeciras. Very shortly afterwards (400m) take exit 213 to Mijas / Fuengirola. This will take you in a wide curve to a roundabout, where you go right onto A387 to Mijas. Continuing uphill for about 4 kms you will reach a little roundabout with a BP petrol-station on the left hand side just before the roundabout. Go left around the roundabout (direction Mijas centro) and keep left at the next junction to reach the central plaza.

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Your directions are fine and the road is better than the one from Junction 217. I live very close to that junction and always use that road up to Mijas, it is winding and you have to take a little more care than on your route, but it is a main road for buses,coaches and 40ft trailers so it is not that bad. It also comes out at the BP garage.

The upside of it is that the views are much better especially going up as driving on the right means you are farther away from the edge. The local buses from Torremolinos / Benalmadena Costa all use that route to Mijas Pueblo.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

Alan, thank you so much, really appreciate the quick response :)

3. Re: Directions Malaga Airport to Mijas Pueblo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 07, 2009