We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

Which Mojacar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
2 posts
Save Topic
Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

Hello everyone, i'm going to Mojacar from the 1rst to the 15th of June.

Is the weather hot enough to find a warm swimming pool ?

I have read there are lots of mosquitos in the area, is it still true ?

Where are the best (spanish) restaurants in Mojacar or nearby ?

Ireland
Level Contributor
840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

1. Early to mid June, you will have no difficulty using and unheated pool and do not forget to swim in the Mediterranean also.

2. Mosquitos are no longer a problem like some years ago, but there are pockets (away from the holiday strip) where you could get annoyed by mosquitos. In a couple of words:- You should have no problems.

3. La Capilla (opposite the petrol station) on the new road to Turré will satisfy your Spanish food requirements, but the Spanish restaurants on Mojacar Playa are good also. I recommend El Lance and Mediterraneo in the so-called Brit Strip.

Edited: 2:03 pm, May 26, 2014
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,717 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

David:

We had lunch at the beach at a beautiful restaurant of the Hotel El Puntazo. The inside of the restaurant was filled with light and had shades of white and green. The waiters were very friendly and the lunch was paella. What a wonderful paella we had! Later I met the lady owner of the hotel and when I commented how much I liked the paella, she said that her mother was a famous cook in Spain, and when she died a few years ago, the national newspapers reported the sad news.

Paris, France
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

Thank you so much for your detailed anwser ! I'm relieved for the mosquito issue. Do u remember the swimming pool (approximative) temperature ?

Ireland
Level Contributor
840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

I'm from Ireland and used to swimming in the Atlantic nearly all year round. The temps in swimming pools in May/June (to me at least) are bordering on lukewarm. Don't worry the water temp is not cold.

I would like to second Puntzado hotel for food.

5. Re: Mojacar in June (weather, mosquitos, ..)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar
More Mojacar Topics