We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Bars

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Bars

Hi All

I will be visitng with friends next week.

Whilst we intend to spend a fair bit of time on the main beach front sampling bars, particulary i the evenings. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on other options including:

* Bit more of a Spanish experience. Less commercial.

* Cheap little gems where someone could spend a day and not have to re-mortgage.

* Best Sports bar for Prem/F1

* Do they show League Cup games (Manu v Liv on Weds) or just Prem?

Many thanks

Dan

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Bars

Right Dan, you will have no problems accessing bars to watch Champions League, Premiership, Championship etc. In Mojacar Playa you would have more difficulty avoiding such venues.

Finding the so-called "Real Spain" is like searching for the Holy Grail. However, a trip to Bédar outside Mojacar might fit the bill and perhaps a trip to Mojacar Pueblo although largely tourist orientated will pay dividends.

Oh yes the best bar to watch association football is . . . . . . won't tell you in case you walk in while I am watching the All-Ireland Football Final or the Hurling Replay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Bars

Hello Dan, the bars at the southern end of the playa that come to mind, mostly for tv sports coverage are, the Rusty Nail, Kuki's, Essencials, Irish Rover, Bar Med and the Loft.

For a Spanish experience on the playa, where I don't think they speak English, (But enough to take your order) try Restaurant Egea near Essencials. It looks like its just a restaurant but go inside and sit at the bar where they will feed you tapas for free when you buy drinks.

They get a few Spanish locals drinking in there and you should get a relaxed and tranquil experience but if you want a noisier one then it might be harder to find in Mojacar, the spit and sawdust with smoking at the bar has almost disappeared.

I do hope you have a good time here in Mojacar, John Beachcomber.

3. Re: Advice on Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar
More Mojacar Topics