We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Supermarkets

Which Mojacar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Supermarkets

Hi does anyone know if there are any

supermarkets open on a Sunday

in Mojacar or near Almeria Airport

we arrive at Almeria airport on a Sunday at 11am

and will need some provisions

Thanks

Mojacar, Almeria
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Hi, Tomas's Supermarket will be open and it can be found near the Gaviota or stables roundabout as its also known. If you need better directions let me know, John Beachcomber.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Hi John

Thanks for reply directions would be a great help to us

as we don’t know the area will be relying on sat nav and map

Do you know the opening hours for Sundays just in case we are delayed

thanks harry

Mojacar, Almeria
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Hello again Harry, if you go to the Beachcomber Restaurant website ( beachcombermojacar.com ) and scroll down you will find a Google map showing where the Beachcomber is. A few hundred metres North you will see a roundabout and the supermarket is just before it on the left coming from the Beachcomber. Opening hours vary by the month but usually 8am until 8pm or 9pm so ideal for your landing times,enjoy, John.

P.S. I see you have sat nav and you might find if you search for The Beachcomber Mojacar it may bring you to the immediate area as we are on Google's maps.

Edited: 7:12 am, June 21, 2013
Mojacar, Almeria
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Thinking about it if you are relying on the sat Nav to bring you to Mojacar you may end up in the Pueblo and probably not where you are staying as the whole of Mojacar has the same postcode ie: 04638 so I suggest using either your hotel address or the Beachcomber.

Just in case I suggest you print this out and take it with you.

From the airport make your way to the motorway which is well signposted.

Take the E15 A7 North towards Murcia and come off of the 520 turn off signposted Los Gallardos, Turre and Mojacar.

Take the 2nd (I think) exit off the roundabout basically straight on and go down the hill, just passed the petrol station turn right signposted to Turre and Mojacar and probably Garrucha.

Follow this road for about 5km? and take a road to the right signposted Mojacar and Carboneras.

At the roundabout (Garage opposite) take the left signposted Mojacar PLAYA And Carboneras.

Down the hill to a roundabout with the sea in front of you.

Turn right and 50 metres after the third roundabout (Azeefa Indian and Gaviota restaurants on the right) you will see Tomas's supermarket on your right. Good luck, John Beachcomber.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Hi John

thanks for directions great help we always end up getting lost

with sat nav so will be able to find it with your directions

thanks again

Mojacar, Almeria
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

You are welcome, have a great holiday, John Beachcomber.

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

On the same theme, we are arriving on Sunday morning at Alicante airport, before heading south, and would appreciate any suggestiions for supermarkets that will be open either in the locality or perhaps on the way south. Thanks.

Mojacar, Almeria
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Hi, I think in August you will find Consum supermarket (At the Commercial centre) and El Arbol (Just south of it on the coast road) are both open from about 9 or 9.15am until lunchtime, maybe 2pm but anyway Thomas's like I said before will be open for you.

If you haven't driven down before I suggest you take the 525 turn off as the earlier turn offs to Vera and Garrucha might be busier with traffic.

Enjoy your holiday, John Beachcomber.

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

Many thanks John.

10. Re: Sunday Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar
Recent Conversations
More Mojacar Topics