We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed please

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed please

Hi My hubby and I are staying at Algeria Palacio hotel in July this is our first visit to this area. We are not big fans of the all inclusive so have opted for the half board option as like to wander on an evening after our meal. Our question is are there any bars near to our hotel within walking distance. I know we are nearer to Gacchio than Mojacar but wondered if there were a couple of local bars near to us. Thank you advice would be much appreciated

7 replies to this topic
Pompey
Level Contributor
314 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed please

Beach bar (chiringuito) across the road, the other hotels on the same complex all have bars. Otherwise a bus ride along the playa is your best bet. Enjoy Mojacar.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed please

I think you'll find it's 'Alegria' = joy, not Algeria, though I'm sure it's re-christened by guests. Thought it was an odd name until I found it on Google Earth. You're almost exactly slam bang in the middle between Mojacar and Garrucha. Looks like a fair old walk.

To duplicate the Mojacarman - in July everything there is will be open, so other hotel bars nearby, otherwise taxi/bus. Did you look into the location before booking? I sense a travel agent at work.

There's a lot to be said to being out of the way (we always stay right up some track suitably chosen by the missus, but have a hire car.) - but you can equally enjoy Garrucha, which is much more 'Spanish' and you may prefer it.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed please

Thank you for reply sorry typo mistake ....yes did know where I was staying wasn't a travel agent doing a hard sell was my choice. also knew hotel didn't have anything close by just asked thought maybe a couple of bars near beach quite enjoy walking so that's not a problem.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed please

Thank uou appreciate your reply

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed please

Nice modern hotel, Spanish staff and at the Garrucha end of Mojacar Playa. You enjoy walking and there are restaurants fairly near you can visit. July will be hot and humid, so ensure you carry a bottle of water with you when outside the hotel curtilage. Use the yellow bus to visit Mojacar Pueblo and the other end of the Playa too.

Some accurate info from John in Cornwall too.

Edited: 2:49 pm, April 10, 2018
Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
447 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed please

Thank you Leprosy knew the hotel was isolated which we both prefer but good to know there are a couple of bars/restaurants within walking distance your help is much appreciated looking forward to our first visit and of course we can use the bus or get a taxi if it gets too hot too walk too far

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed please

If you are booking a taxi it might be prudent to have the restaurant waiter/waitress do it for you. If you book the taxi yourself you'll be waiting. I don't have too much bad to say about Mojacar Playa, but the speed of taxi service booked by non Spaniards is glacial.

Edited: 1:28 am, April 11, 2018
Reply to: Advice needed please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mojacar
More Mojacar Topics