We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best rt without traveling on rt 95 to Portsmouth, VA

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
best rt without traveling on rt 95 to Portsmouth, VA

I am travelint o my grandmother's in Portsmouth Va. I'm picking my friend Joanie In Wheaton Md then picking up my Aunt Kristie in Waldorf, Md. What route can I take without that joins with route 5 that connects route 17 in portsmouth without going back to Rt 95 that joins the eastern shore of Md with the Eastern shore of Va?

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best rt without traveling on rt 95 to Portsmouth, VA

Follow Rt. 301 south from Waldorf across the Potomac River Bridge.

If your only goal is to avoid I-95, you can stay on Rt. 301 at Bowling Green instead of heading toward I-95. It will be marked Rt. 301 South to Richmond. Where Rt. 301 intersects with I-295 south of Hanover, take I-295 South to I-64 East.

If you prefer to stay off intersates altogether, Rt. 301 intersects with Rt. 17 at Port Royal, south of the Potomac River Bridge. You would turn left on Rt. 17.

Take a look at mapquest or google maps to see if one of these routes suits you. You can print out detailed directions from either site.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
2. Re: best rt without traveling on rt 95 to Portsmouth, VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Norfolk