We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

Could anyone tell me please how much a taxi would cost from Quarteira to Alvor? If It´s possible to book a transfer from Quarteira to Alvor, and how much it would cost + how long it would take to get to Alvor on public transport?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

It's around 40 miles, so my guess for a taxi would be 50 Euros. i am sure one of the transfer companies would do it for less, there's no harm in asking.

There's a list of recommended and reputable companies at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189111-s304/Algarve:…

The journey can be done by bus, via Albufeira, for about 9 Euros. (I can't tell you the exact fare as the bus company does not include Alvor in its list of destinations)..

Bus times at www.algarvebus.info/002w.htm

Be aware that you have to buy your tickets from the ticket office window when boarding at either Quarteira or Albufeira Bus Stations. Separate ticket needed for each bus.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

Thank you cubsur. I´ve tried asking transfer companies if they can do this journey but only Low Cost Transfers have said they can, they´ve quoted me 63.12 euros. Does anyone know of a transfer company who could do it for less? Or if there are any taxi company websites where I can check their prices?

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

I think the quote of Low Cost Transfers is not bad. It's about an hour's drive.

Have a look at the Yellowfish transfer website. They are often recommended. If you check their prices you see that Quarteira/Albufeira (which is on the way) is 25,-- and Albufeira/Alvor another 40,--, so that makes 65,--.

Taxi in Quarteira has no website, but here is a phone number:

Radio Taxis

351 - 289 315 650

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

Thank you very much for your help. :-)

5. Re: How to get from Quarteira to Alvor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Quarteira