We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

We will be staying in Venice for only 1.5 days and have been told that we should take the ferry to Murano. A couple of questions:

1) Is the cost of the ferry included if you purchase a 24 hour water bus pass?

2) If not, how much does it cost or where can I find this info?

3) Where do we catch the ferry and how long would a visit out and back to Murano take?

4) Is it worth the trip in your opinion?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

The 24-hour pass covers all vaporetto services, including those to Murano and Burano.

For Murano, you can take a 41 or 42 vaporetto. These have many stops around Venice, and the travel time will depend on where you get on. From Fomdamente Nove to Murano is around 10 minutes. I think the trip would be worthwhile.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

Thank you. We only have a short time in Venice and thought we should see it from the water.

uk
Level Contributor
206 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

Personally I'd look at Burano, very very pretty, albeit further out.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

But to get to Burano, it is an additional half hour each way. With so little time in Venice, a trip to Murano is fine but I doubt the value of Burano.

5. Re: Ferry to Murano - cost, included in 24 hour pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 05, 2012