We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

11 posts
Save Topic
ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

I will be taking the AVTO bus from Marco Polo Airport to Lido Di Jesolo. Does anyone know were the bus staion in Lido Di Jesolo is located and at the bus staion is there a taxi stand where you can get a taxi to the hotel. I will be staying at Hotel Adlon about a 5 minute walk from piazza Drago. Also appriciate any other tips Thanks.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

The new bus station, which was only opened earlier this year and is very impressive is only two or three minutes' walk from Piazza Drago. Head away from the bus station building, along footpaths signposted 'the beach', turn right and follow the road down to the Ave Maria church. The main 'promenade' road, containing practically all the hotels, is ahead of you, with the beach behind. There was no taxi stand that I saw at the bus station and beware them — they are very expensive. We were quoted 15 Euro for a ride that took five minutes on the bus from our hotel. There is no tourist info point at the bus station, but ask at the ticket desk and they will be happy to point you in the right direction (left or right) once you get down to the main road. But take what they say flexibly: we were told 10 minutes walk to our hotel and it turned out to be at least 25 — in 30 degree heat!

11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

Thank you for the helpful information. If my hotel is on the beach and I am walking toward the hotel why would the beach be behid me. Do people at the bus station speek English? once again thanks.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

The buses enter the bus station from the beach end and you have to go back out the same way when you are on foot, i.e. the opposite way to walking towards the bus station building. Unless you are seeking information, going towards the building will waste your time as there is no other way out and you need to go the other way. It will make sense when you are there!

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

In my original reply, maybe I should have said 'with the beach beyond'. You get down to the Ave Maria church, look ahead of you and you see the main road, on which practically all the hotels are located. Another block beyond that (or behind, as we say in England, because you can't actually see it) is the beach. I hope that clarifies. And yes they do speak English at the bus station, but prefacing the conversation with 'Buongiorno, parla inglese?' is always appreciated.

11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

Thanks for the help. I get it I'll be arriving Sunday 13th. Any suggestion on restaurants.

11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

One other quick question I have a global cell phone and my hotel offers free internet service.

Do you know how good is the reception in Lido will I have any trouble connecting.

7. Re: ATVO bus station in Lido Di Jesolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 11, 2010