We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido de Jeselo v Nerja in Southern Spain

Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lido de Jeselo v Nerja in Southern Spain

Hi from Ireand.

We are a couple in our early 50s who value our one week break in the sun-hence all the questions.

We love a sun hoiliday where we have acesss

to a nice beach nearby and a hotel in a peaceful setting with entertainment onsite if not-nearby.

Pocket wise & availability wise-we have a choice this year betwween Hotel Eddy in Lido de Jesolo(We have never been to Itlay.) and Nerja Club Hotel in Spain-I like Spain when I am in a location that has a spanish feel with sun, beach, good restaraunts & entertainment as well but not too touristy. I have been told Nerja is a traditional Spanish village which has still retained a spainish feel in spite of a growth in tourism. On the other hand I can't find out much about Hotel Eddy in Jesolo except for one reply from this forum. Is there entertainment at night nearby? We are not disco fans- a frindly bar with some cabaret would be fine.Has Jesolo got a Italian feel or is it just a tourist resort? (We found Prague very gloomy last November) Would I be better going to Venice for a weekend break later in the year? I have posted this in the Nerja forum as well. Any advise with regards the same would be appreciated.

Regards: Eiram

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lido de Jeselo v Nerja in Southern Spain

jesolo is a toursit resort but on a lovely long stretch of beach . The beach is very well maintained and clean. jesolo caters for all nationalities English, Germans etc and of course Italians. Entertainment there is something for everybody bars with music, cabaret and some night clubs. Venice is easily reachable by bus and waterbus for a day but I would agree that it is a good idea to come back out of season for a weekend you will see so much more.

Nerja if i remember correctly is older as it has an old village centre but it has 'spread'. Again there is evidence of strong British tourism. BUt having siad that there were some lovely spansih villages not too far away .

Hope this helps

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lido de Jeselo v Nerja in Southern Spain

There is a great deal of difference between Nerjas & Lido di Jesolo: Nerja is there IN spite of the Tourists - Lido de jesolo is there BEACAUSE of Holiday people.

Nerja is relatively small with perhaps 20 or more hotels. It is a good centre for exploring places like Granada. Nerja is a year round centre, though in November - January (apart from Christmas etc) it is very quite.

Lido de Jesolo probably largely closes down fron October to April, but is a excellent centre for visits to Venice. There are well over 200 hotels etc in the area.

We have enjoyed both places - but they are very different

3. Re: Lido de Jeselo v Nerja in Southern Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, September 29, 2009