We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Greve in Chianti can you join the grape harvest?

Florence, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where in Greve in Chianti can you join the grape harvest?

We will be visiting Greve in Chianti next week and would love to spend a day helping with a grape harvest or pressing.

Can you suggest any vineyards / farms in the area that allow visitors to participate?

Thanks,

Dylan

(Firenze)

niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Greve in Chianti can you join the grape harvest?

Just checking Dylan but you are aware it's hard, physical work, right?? I live in wine country here & the wine makers always hear from tourists with romanticized ideas about hand-picking grapes but when given the task, often give up shortly after as it can be hard, repetitive labour involving stooping, squatting in the hot sun while blisters form on your hands from cutting grapes with secaturs for hours for several days/weeks. I imagine Italy experiences the same thing & has real labour to bring in the grapes.

No disrespect intended but are you really looking to help out with the vendemmia? I can't offer a suggestion for a winery that allows this but I'm sure there are others here that are aware of ones that do.

Good luck to you man!

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Greve in Chianti can you join the grape harvest?

Dylan, there are vineyards that hire outside pickers but they mostly want people who will work for several days. Experience is not always required but it helps. So does being young and fit. Try Il Palagio www.palagiowineandoil.com/contattiData.page That's 10 minutes from Greve and they hire extra pickers.

3. Re: Where in Greve in Chianti can you join the grape harvest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 27, 2014