We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

searching for accommodations . .. www.occhioblu.it

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
searching for accommodations . .. www.occhioblu.it

Hello,

This is more of a comment than a question. I search these forums often when planning a trip and find a wealth of information. I came across this and want to share in hopes that it can help someone else!

We were looking for accommodations in Levanto as our base to explore Liguria in September (three weeks away! I guess you could say our travel style is "relaxed" . . .ha, ha!). Through this forum we found the Hotel Garden and emailed to inquire about availability. They did not have any rooms for us but were kind enough to offer suggestions, including www.occhioblu.it, a website for the local tourist association. We submitted a request through the website and overnight had replies from about 10 different properties, some with availability some without. Now knowing some properties with availability I can go back through reviews, research, and make reservations. The site also has general information about Levanto.

As a first timer to Italy (and Europe) I just found this website to be so helpful I wanted to share! This may not be as helpful for those planning their trips further out, but for those more "last minute" like us, or in the high seasons, it was a great tool to narrow down our options.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: searching for accommodations . .. www.occhioblu.it

and the book they produce on Levanto is excellent also

Levanto, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: searching for accommodations . .. www.occhioblu.it

Thank you very much.

We work very much for web site as well brochure and I am really happy that someone appreciate our work.

Damiano

3. Re: searching for accommodations . .. www.occhioblu.it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 19, 2013