We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains from Milan to Levanto

Which Levanto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth WA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trains from Milan to Levanto

Need help - Flying into Milan Linate Airport 9/06, I know I can catch a Shuttle bus to Central Train station, but I am trying to work out if there is a direct train to Levanto - staying there for 3 nights then returning through Milan to Lake como. Any ideas or help would be apprecitated.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,929 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html will give you the times of the direct trains from Milan to Levanto (and also of further services requiring a change of train en route).

From Levanto to Lake Como, you need to go to either Varenna or Como San Giovanni train stations, depending on where you are staying, http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html will give you the times of these trains on the twelfth of June, but not on the thirteenth as schedules change then and the new ones are not yet available online. Simply look at an earlier date, as times are likely to be very similar.

Buy your tickets in Italy.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

Thanks for your advice. One more question - looking at flying Lufthansa from Paris to Miland and Miland back to London but noticed the floght back to London is operated by BMI, are they OK to fly with.

Thanks once again.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,929 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

I have never flown BMI - it's a small business-oriented airline now owned by Lufthansa - there should be no problems at at all.

www.easyjet.com/asp/en/book/index.asp?lang=EN also fly frequently on these routes, usually at much lower cost than Lufthansa, despite separate charges for baggage. `i've flown with them lots of times with no problems, if you don't mind a no frills airline.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

Thanks once again - Luftansa has a cheap flight much similar to EasyJet on these two flights.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,929 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

I see what you mean - quite reasonable advance fares on Lufthansa these days, on those particular routes.

6. Re: Trains from Milan to Levanto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 18, 2010