We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Levanto in July

Which Levanto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Levanto in July

Could anyone please advise what it is like getting parking in Levanto in July. We will be arriving on a Sunday from Camogli and are trying to decide whether it is worth it to park the car in Levanto and stay in Vernassa for three nights or stay in either Villa Nova or Erba Persa and walk into levanto to get the train to CT everyday. Note we would prefer to be able to park the car for free rather than the paid parking areas. If we did have pay what would the charges be per 24hrs?

(note we don't want to drive to Vernazza given the windy road and the probelms we would have getting a park there)

Monterosso Al Mare
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

It is not easy to find a parking place for free in a week end of july.

The parking place cost is around 12 euros per day.

I suggest you to stay in Levanto and move by train to 5 terre.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

If you are traveling by car then Levanto is your best choice for access and parking options. The train ride to the first village of CT(Monterosso) is only 5min. Also,Levanto is connected to the trail system for the CT so the walk there is lovely is if you are inclined for walking.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

I have the same question. Does the lot fill up in the summer? Is there anywhere good to park and train in to CT?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

Thanks for the advise. We have decided to stay in CT rather than Levanto for its charm. We have probably made the wrong decision. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed that we will get free parking in Levanto as E12 is alot of money in kiwi dollars (currently $31.00). Any suggestions of roads or areas which may be better for free parking is appreciated... we do not mind if we do have to walk a bit.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

Hi wendynz,

If the Cinque Terre’s a fit for you, you made the “right” decision.

In Levanto, there is day (paid) parking at the train station, free street parking further from the station, and a lot near the hospital. For long term parking there are lots at Piazza Mazzini, and to the west of Tourist Information.

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,985 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

The parking lot righ outside the Levanto train station used to be free until a few years ago, but it is now a 'pay&display' area. Last time I was there (a couple of years ago) there was free curbside parking about 1 km uphill from the train station (i.e. BEFORE the station, as the main road approaches the town from inland).

New Zealand
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

Grazie FF and Vagabonda for your suggestions on parking.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

VAGABONDA: In LEVANTO, is the hospital lot you mentioned free parking or paid? Thank you!

--Betty

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

Sorry, I meant to address my question to FF (not Vagabonda)!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking in Levanto in July

VAGABONDA: You're the coolest... thanks for your message!