We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cilento Region -

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Cilento Region -

We are arriving in Rome in Mid September 2013. We are staying in Rome for two days then heading south to Marina di Camerota (via train first, then rental car). Is this a convienient location for day trips to beaches and small towns along that coast? We hope to stay in this area for several days and then head towards Sicily (not sure what to see there yet).

Another option we are considering is flying from Rome to Sicily, staying there for a few days and then begin our (rental car) drive north, focusing our vacation in the toe of the boot and the Cilento Region. Ultimately ending in Rome for our flight out. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Cilento Region -

Hi Goldieallard...we are doing some similar travels...we will be in ITaly for 5 weeks starting in the north and heading to Cilento Coast before across to Sicily for a week...Sicily has been very hard to book as we are meeting another family there....we want slightly different things...where are you staying in sicily?? Did you end up booking hte client?? I am looking at Marina di camerota after a bit of reading and also like Santa Maria Di Castellbate....theres only an hour between them all so easy to jump in the car which we will have. My husbands 50th trip so I thought her would like the cilento more than Amalfi as he doesnt like to go where the crowds go.....let us know how you get on...we will be there end August to early October

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Cilento Region -

Good Morning. I was able to book a place in Taormina for a few nights. Places were filling up quickly. We will then drive north towards Tropea for a few days. We are also looking at Marnia de Camerota but have not booked anything there yet. It looks like a great home base for days trips! Sounds like a great (long) trip you've got planned.

3. Re: Cilento Region -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marina di Camerota