We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia hotel choice so confused...support needed...

Boston...
11 posts
Save Topic
Ischia hotel choice so confused...support needed...

Visiting 4 nocs, interested in easy accessibility to tour historical sites,gardens,thermal springs/park,as well as cultural experience of food,vineyard/wine and wonderful people. I prefer to be close to water if possible. I'm not sure which area works best, I've read so many reviews here,foders and frommers,, not sure if one district is better than another. Also reviews are so mixed not sure what is fact or fiction. I love the views of the castle in Ischia ponte area but not the noise of busy street of one locale bnb initially choose. I'm attracted to the thermal pool area of Cassimicciola. I've looked at multiple hotels/BnB's between the the argonase castle and the Cassimicciola port. Ive been leaning towards those that are on or close to the bus transport. I would greatly appreciate direction, especially from those with experiences on island. Also would renting a vespa to get around to areas bus doesn't go be a wise or not so wise choice. Thank you so much your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ischia hotel choice so confused...support needed...

Usually at mid september there are guided tours like "Andar per cantine" (going for cellars). But I'm sure you will find several cellars open to visit. Like our german guests are used to, they just walk and ask to visit. Also I'm sure your hotel will be able to organize something for you, maybe they can manage a little group and a taxi. The whole area of Forio is worth to visit. There is the already mentioned Pietratorcia, then the D'Ambra Vini with a little museum inside. Giardini Arimei on the hills and many more. But if you are in doubt about it, please contact www.ischiareview.com and you surely will be in good hands.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ischia hotel choice so confused...support needed...

I support the suggestion that you spend sometime visiting the Mortella Gardens but be aware they only open on Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sunday. But well worth a visit for me it was the hight light of my trip.

www.ischiareview.com/la-mortella-gardens.html

13. Re: Ischia hotel choice so confused...support needed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 25, 2015