We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

I am so confused in picking a hotel and location. We are a couple, fairly active in our 60's. We do want a pool and a view and also would like to get around easily.

Any suggestions...very welcomed. Thanks!

County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Hi

An affordable and (fairly) luxurious hotel is Il Moresco situated roughly half way between Ischia port and the castle. The restaurant gets rave reviews, it's got a nice beach area with views of the castle and is handy for the main shopping streets in Ischia Town. It's set back slightly from the sea so you don't get great sea views from the rooms but, nevertheless, taking everything into consideration we'll probably stay here next time.

The Punta Molino is next door and also looks good but it's starting to get some iffy reviews. If you've ever seen, The Talented Mr Ripley, Tom introduces himself to Dickie and Marge on a beach and the Punta Molino is clearly visible in the background. In my opinion, the beaches in this area are the best because they've got great views of the castle. The castle is fantastic and just mesmerizes me, I cannot take my eyes of it. You'll certainly see some people in this area too.

Eddie

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Ok, on that beach you can also have the Miramare e Castello or the Mareblu, both 4stars and very appreciated by guest from all over the world. Have you checked them yet?

County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Hi Brigitte

I've checked the, Miramare e Castello, been inside and it looks great but I could not remember the name of it. There is another one around the corner from the castle where all the trip buses stop to take photos but I cannot remember the name of it either. It also looks good but the main reason why we may go to Il Moresco or Punta Molino is because they are both offered as package holidays from the UK and sometimes we get late-deal bargains. Apart from that they both look great hotels.

The price of a two week package holiday at Il Moresco and quite a few hotels in Sorrento drops dramatically on 26th Sept and can be £500 each cheaper than 19th Sept. Any idea why this might be? I know the weather can be a bit rainy in October but one week surely is not going to make too much difference. Do the Italian school holidays end on 26th Sept or something?

Eddie

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Yes, it depends of the countings of low or high season. Until 15th sept. it's considered still high then slowly drops down in scales of 10/15 days. School begins around 15th sept. but the foreign guests still are numerous until end of october. For the weather, it's never easy to predict, we have had summers until mid november sometimes and other years it was "cold" from end of september. But then... define "cold".

With the name of the other hotel I can't help you since our tour busses can't go down to Ischia Ponte anymore and I really don't have any idea which one you could think of. Around the corner of the Miramare e Castello is the Mareblu and then on the Via Roma/Corso Colonna is the Floridiana or the Alexander. The others are not that worth of mentioning them in my opinion.

County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Hi

The hotel I was thinking of where the trip buses stop to take photos is, Strand Hotel Delfini. The views of the castle are fabulous and it looks like a good hotel but the latest reviews are very poor. The pictures are good though:-)

Eddie

derbyshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

We feel that the Ponte/Porto area is the best to stay. Our favourite hotel is the Excelsior between the Moresco and the Punto Molino.It is part of the same hotel group as the Moresco. For some strange reason it no longer appears in British tour operators books but that has not stopped us booking again for early Sept. We found that by late Sept. when the Italian visitors have gone the atmosphere is not the same around the island although it is easier to get on the bus! However I would be happy to be in Ischia anytime and often think it would be nice to be there with only the locals.

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

@Eddie - ok, the Delfini is on the other side of Ischia Ponte. Still thought at the main side. But this Hotel has very mixed responses, they perhaps are relying on the only panorama and lack a bit on services. So I don't know if I would recommend this Hotel. Another one there is the giardinodelleninfe-lafenice.it/home_eng.php with a better reputation. Same place but on the other side of the bus stop. It is "only" a 3-star but guests are always positive about it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

I'm back again. I've come full circle, Was going to stay on Capri for 6 nights but may switch back to my original plan Ischia.

The Aargona hotel just doesn't seem pretty enough. We will be traveling after being in Positano for 4 days. So a beautiful view, great food and a nice pool would be great. We will be there mid Sept. and budget from $250 -$400 tops a night.

Want beautiful atmosphere.

arlington
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

Hello

I am looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel for myself, my husband and my mother for 3 or 4 nights A long time ago we spent a few hours in sant angelo and loved it The problem is my mother can not do lots of steps do you know if there are hotels very close to sant angelo where my husband and I can walk to Sant angelo Maybe my mother can take an electric car?

During our stay we would like to go to Capri for the day or maybe even 1 night and possibly one day at one of the thermal parks so not sure it makes sense to stay near sant angelo

We are renting a car from Fiumicino to over night in Naples then take the ferry. Does it make sense to bring a rental car to Ischia?

Thank you

Irene

Ischia, Italy
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Where is the best part of the Island of Ischia to stay?

In S. Angelo the best hotel is the Miramare with it's own thermal park Aphrodite-Apollon. You can ask for the electric shuttle for your mother and she doesn't have to do steps being directly near the little harbour and center. Qutside you could check out the Hotel Romantica but it's a bit rough to climb up there. Shuttle is available but I don't know for your mother. Also plenty of thermal pools inside the ressort.