We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia tour guide

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jackson,nj
4 posts
Save Topic
Ischia tour guide

Can anyone tell me if it is worth using a tour guide to see ischia. in particular ischiareview.com tours

We will be on a cruise landing in Naples for Ione day only in November

We want to see ischia, but want to do it in the best and most cost effective way

We are two older couples with reasonable mobility

Thank you in advance for your help

County Durham...
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ischia tour guide

Hi

I haven't used that particular tour guide but we did go on a guided coach trip around Ischia and also a boat trip. They were both great and took us to many different places that we probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. So yes, I would say if you only have one day then a guided tour is a good way to see most of the main sights. However, you don't get much time in each town on the guided tours so we went back to the places we liked on public buses and boats which can be much cheaper.

We liked Forio and William Walton's gardens, Lacco Ameno, St Angelo and especially Ischia Town and in particular, the Aragonese castle. Ischia also has lots of fabulous beaches and spas. Try to find time to go inside the castle and don't forget to use the lift or elevator just to the left of the ticket booth. The castle is very interesting and the views from the top are superb.

I'm sure you'll have a nice day in Ischia.

Eddie

jackson,nj
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ischia tour guide

Thank you very much Eddie for the information......how did you come across the tour bus you used..........how many hours was the tour and could you share how much it was.

We definitely will do a tour based on what you indicated

Thanks

Charles

County Durham...
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ischia tour guide

Hi Charles

We've had two holidays in Ischia and did so much sight seeing on all modes of transport that I can barely remember which one was which. But we did a boat trip with commentary all the way around the island stopping at a couple of places, one of them was St Angelo. We booked it via our hotel rep but the ticket office is more or less in the middle of Ischia port and it has huge adverts outside offering boat trips everywhere. You can just turn up and book it there and then. We paid the same price as everyone else.

Boat tours also leave from Forio, St Angelo, Lacco Ameno, Cassamicciola and Ischia Port. I cannot remember the price but it was roughly 30E each and lasted half a day. One of the boat trips we booked was in October and it was cancelled due to choppy seas.

Again, the coach trip was booked via our hotel rep and took us through some of the more interesting towns and Monte Epomeo where we stopped for coffee etc and enjoyed the views. We also stopped at St Angelo which is a very picturesque town. It lasted just over half a day and cost roughly 30E each. I'm sure ischiareview.com tours will be similar if not better than our Thomson coach trip.

I've got a lot of Ischia pamphlets and brochures in front of me now but I cannot find any more info on these trips and have written most of this from memory. I may find out the exact price we paid tomorrow.

The main bus station in Ischia Town is just up from the port and they too have tourist information, adverts, bus timetables etc. Oh, the taxi drivers are also on the loose in this area ready to take you anywhere you like but I would negotiate a price before stepping inside!

Eddie

Edited: 5:25 pm, October 01, 2013
Warren, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ischia tour guide

Absolutely. Go to ischiareview.com. Dion was great. He met us at the ferry. Took us around and was informative. Kept in touch with us by email. It was a wonderful day.

Warren, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ischia tour guide

It was truly nice to be just the 4 of us and not in a huge group. He also let us be on our own pace. Strongly recommend going to his website and email him.

6. Re: Ischia tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 07, 2014