We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia on TV - 2013

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ischia on TV - 2013

Can't promise that it will play for those based outside of Italy, but Ischia was on the telly last Saturday, in this half an hour episode of the "Sereno Variabile" series:

rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-…

Mostly Ischia Ponte in the first half... underwater archaeology in the Bay of Cartoromana (between Ponte and the Castello Aragonese islet); an interview with a famous islander who used to run a London restaurant, popular with celebs such as Diana, Peter Sellers etc; then elsewhere, including potato harvesting in the interior, the chef at the renowned 2 Michelin star "Il Mosaico" in Casamicciola, pre- and early-Christian discoveries under the main church in Lacco Ameno, and lots more...

Just needs an English voiceover to be a great advert for the island?

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Province of Naples, Italy
Castello Aragonese
Castello Aragonese
4,349 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
London
London
England, UK
Il Mosaico
Il Mosaico
228 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Lacco Ameno
Lacco Ameno
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
County Durham...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Hi Peter

Great stuff. The link played okay for me. Fantastic scenery and I recognised most of the places but I couldn't figure out which hotel the pool was near the beginning. It was really close to the beach and looked good. First thing I'm going to do is have a cold beer right next to the sea in Bruno's or Al Pontile, probably both!

Eddie

Mentioned in this post
Al Pontile
Al Pontile
1,158 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Hi there!

We walked down to Bruno's just this last Sunday - and did indeed start with a cold beer... and then a jug of his very pleasant rosé!

Thanks for good news that the programme worked... at the very start, the presenter is at Negombo. There's then a brief view up to Mount Epomeo and a sweeping pan down to a lovely hotel pool, set quite high above the landscape. I reckon that must be somewhere above and inland from Sant'Angelo..... quite near Panza would be my guess, although I don't recognise it individually?

Then Negombo again, and Poseidon - with the swirly rocks - and more Negombo. At about 2 minutes in, I think that's perhaps the Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme - at Maronti:

hotelparcosmeraldo.com/en/ischia_hotel-maron…

... or shots from several different places... followed by talking to some Roman visitors around what looks to be the main pool at Negombo.... but with lots of cutting from one to another!

Regards,

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Sant'Angelo
Sant'Angelo
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Hotel Parco Smeraldo Terme
Hotel Parco Smeraldo...
418 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Maronti Beach
Maronti Beach
1,694 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
derbyshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Thanks for the link.It worked well so I was able to have "breakfast in Ichia" today as I watched it.Inspired my husband to start checking flights again!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Great link. Just what I need after a hard day a work to get me in the mood for my annual trip to Ischia next week. It even looks as if the weather has improved in time for my visit. Can't wait to be back on my favourite island.

Mentioned in this post
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia...
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Hi there Peter,

I hope you are well.

Thank you for sharing this link. It could not have come at a more opportune time as I will be returning to Ischia for a brief holiday at the end of August. I can hardly wait!

Jeff

Mentioned in this post
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
vancouver
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Hello from Vancouver

One day in Naples (September 18 - HAL Noordam); please advise if Ischia "is doable"? The ship is scheduled to dock at 08:00 and departs 16:00. Any information much appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Whilst not impossible, we don't often encounter people making the trip!

By hydrofoil - from the Molo Beverello, adjacent to where most cruise ships moor - it's all but an hour each way, with this line offering the most frequent service:

www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe…

... which wouldn't leave you very long actually here?

You'll find a little more detail in....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580214-i10609-k…

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Molo Beverello
Molo Beverello
124 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

Jeff - hi there... glad to read you're answering the siren's call, and coming back!

We're both fine thanks, with the season now well under-way - after a dodgy start, courtesy of a spell of nasty weather that hit much of western Europe.

At the risk of your blushes, I trust you won't mind me including a link to the write-up of your earlier visit - for anyone whose interest has been sparked by watching that video....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580214-i10609-k…

One innovation since you were here, the island's visitor magazine is now (mostly!) bilingual - with the current edition and backnumbers available as PDFs from....

ischianews.com/it/…2.html

Hope that will help with your planning!

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
9. Re: Ischia on TV - 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 29, 2014