We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lacco Ameno - top tips

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Lacco Ameno - top tips

My husband and I are visiting the Garden Villas Resort Hotel in Lacco Ameno in June 2012. I'd like some information on the best places to visit by public transport - or on foot. Recommendations for the local cuisine - just for lunch as we are half board. and the best value local shops. Is there a market in Lacco Ameno?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lacco Ameno - top tips

Sue, hi - and well done for finding Ischia at all!

We watched that hotel being made ready, and it certainly looks very pleasant from the outside... think you may be the first TA member to have mentioned it, at least on the site's English version - the reviews are all from Italians, and generally very appreciative too!

A good place to start, if you've not already seen it, is the island's monthly magazine - and, since last April, it's been including a fair bit of (only slightly pidgin) English - so do have a look, as they cover many of the main events and attractions as well as explaining what's what and where!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580214-i10609-k…

Judging by previous years, they'll start again in April - but last June's is still available...

And I see that it includes an article on the gardens at La Mortella, which most people rate quite highly - they're a definite favourite of ours...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/forio

It's either 15 minutes walk away, on a rather busy and narrow road, or about 3 stops on the bus!

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

As yet the organisers haven't said whether or not they'll repeating the "Ischia Artecard" (only launched last year) that's also mentioned in the mag - but it would probably be convenient for you... page 40 for details, or wait and see what happens?

The one thing they're not good at is getting English versions of the Events diary, but if you like to let know your dates I'll see what there's likely to be.

Loads of photos of mine here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

... with some of our favourite places in this collection..

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/iscstars

Probably enough for now? I'll dig out some restaurant stuff tomorrow, but do shout if there's anything particular...

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lacco Ameno - top tips

Almost forgot these - snapshots of the island in various Junes...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/recjun

Many things, such as the celebrations for Saint Anthony of Padua (on or very close to June 13th) remain the same, but others are prone to change - with both Film Festivals, for instance, now being held in July!

Peter

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,694 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lacco Ameno - top tips

Viila arbusto is in Lacco Ameno . It a really cool museum with artifacts of Greek colonist that were found nearby

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

oldest example of Greek writing about the Illiad ever found

La Mortella is a botanical garden between Lacco Ameno and Forio . We went the bus

4. Re: Lacco Ameno - top tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, June 07, 2013